Chapter 8 invitation.

Amelia's POV :

....I was in my cabin, assembling the papers in the file..As Erick needed them for the meeting tomorrow.It has been a week from the day I've started working...Everything is just going really nice since I got this job....Or should I say after the day I slapped That jerk.I'm happy here, this work I'm doing is something in which I'm insanely good...It was always a dream for me to work in such a big company and I persuaded my dream.

I was busy assembling the pages  when I heard a knock..."Yes?" I said while I continued what I was doing. The door opened and someone came inside...I still didn't looked at the person, but I could tell that the person was already in. My work was almost done so I was going to ask what he or she wanted but before I could look up.A man cleared his throat, I recognised the voice And looked up, expecting it was a dream because my behaviour was kinda irresponsible...Oh shit!!

It was none other than Erick Tomlinson...My boss....Oh god!! What the heck have I done?!!.
"I-I'm sorry sir I didn't...." I was not able to complete my sentence as I was really embarrassed and scared "It's alright miss.Williams, by the way what are you doin'?".Erick asked in a cool tone.I was seriously surprised by the phase I just saw...Everybody here said he was short tempered, arrogant and  always insulted people...But he was talking to me Really politely...

I tried to keep myself calm and said "Umm.. Actually I'm assembling the important papers in this file...Coz you'll be needing them tomorrow as you have a meeting for investment in a company....Those people will be here at 11".

He smiled at me "Oh I see, well I came here to tell you something, I would've called you, but as I was passing by so, I came here".

he said while sitting at the chair which was in front of me the table was between us...he pointed towards another chair gesturing me to sit...I sat down , Then he started with his words "Okay...So, my friend Ryan Valiente has closed a really important business deal...And is throwing a party...Being an important employee you have to be there .And as I've fired Erina my employee cum secretary you'll have to be there....So that's why you need to come with me.

What!! what did he just say?...Why me?? Miss Grace is an important employee, Even she can go!...I'm not his secretary.

I was going to say something when he stood up and started walking towards the door....He held the knob and opened the door, I thought he was going to leave but instead he turned towards​ me and said " And one more thing....I won't take no for an answer".
I looked at him and said "Yes sir"....He didn't even heard my reply and shut the door.

What's his problem?...Very annoying!.

**************

Erick's POV:

I don't know.... I was just curious to take her.... I knew that many important people will get the invite automatically and she's really deserving,It has been a week only but she is working with full passion and dedication...Even though many employees of the company are really friendly with her including miss Grace...the most I know Miss Grace...she's very less- friendly with anyone in the office but from the day Amelia has joined the company, they both look like sisters when they talk..also to mention 'Endlessly'.

She's an important employee of our company now...but I just wanted her to come with me and yeah...I lied it's not important for her to come with me....But when I went to her office (without even thinking what I'll say), I just said whatever ever came to my mind..and that time the thought of her being my secretary was the best...

Even though I don't have any secretary because dad thought that if he'll appoint me a female secretary I'll flirt with them...I'm not actually a flirt.Okay...It just happened one time...but she was also taking full part in that...Her name was....ah...I don't  remember ...something with J....Whatever.

Somebody informed him that I was flirting with her and from that day he never allowed me to appoint a secretary.He forced me to have a male secretary...But I'm happy alone....Even though after that I've never been in a serious relationship as the responsibility of holding a huge company used to take all the time.

But apart from the above reason...Actually I was bored of all the drama which happens in all these things and my stubbornness never allowed me to bow down to girls...

But know what? I actually don't know what's happening...I mean...i don't know what this feeling is when being  around Amelia feels so good...Whenever I try to sleep the first picture after closing my eyes is of her...Her eyes...Her lips..Her face...Her smile...Everything.

When I went to her cabin and told her everything in just a breath... She was just staring at my face then I thought maybe I scared her....actually I was scared,  her face was straight and she was not saying anything....I was scared of her saying no...as she's not even my secretary but I'm her boss and I can give my order to anybody. And because she wasn't saying anything I got up to leave...I was just inches away from going out when again I thought to tell her 'NO SAYING NO'... "And one more thing...I won't take no for an answer" sounds rude?....actually I didn't said that rudely...What if I did?....What she must be thinking?...Oh...I'm just...

What the....!!!!!

But, I'm really happy she'll go with me... Obviously, she will!!....wait...What will I do if someone tells her that I've no secretary?No!This can't happen.how will I deal with it?.Many questions were coming in my mind when there was a knock at the door, I said "come in" and....Amelia came in.

She looked at me "Sorry to disturb you...But you will be needing two important files for the meeting tomorrow, one is ready...And the other is almost done!"she said happily."OK! Alright! Thank you!"I said to her. She started going out, when I said "Amelia,wait!, you're coming with me today...At the party right?"...She looked at me and said "Yeah!I'm....Coz you won't take no for an answer" saying that she smiled and walked out.

I'm so excited.. Nervous... Happy...Whatever! Concentrate on you work. i said to myself in my head.