chapter 6 :Call from the company.

Amelia's POV-

My day was cursed from the start, But finally I got the call from Miss Grace!😀.

I woke up late...Waking up early isn't really my thing and just like today, When my alarm isn't with me....It's impossible!.On my way to office I was repeatedly yelling at the cab driver to drive fast. I was running very fast towards the elevator, when a man went inside it and the doors were about to close "Stop please wait for me!!" I shouted being 2 meter away.

He just put his hands to prevent the doors from shutting, I thought what a gentleman he is...I went inside the elevator and said "thank you", and was trying to control my breathing when he asked "Have we met before?".I looked at him and...Oh shit! He's the "Coffee incident blondy" What the hell is he doing here?. I just tried to stay calm and answered back "Even I think we've met before".I didn't wanted to show him that I remembered him.

I looked at him after sometime, it seemed as if he was thinking about something, and was smiling too..But his expression was kinda confused one, like -he was in really deep thoughts, smiling...Giving me a "Don't act like you don't remember it" look.

We both stayed quiet in the elevator as soon as the doors opened I rushed to the reception, as well as he went somewhere else.

The receptionist asked me to wait in the waiting lounge. I went there, and got nervous when I saw many people hmmm...Seems as if these people are here for the same job!!,Thinking about it made me get Goosebumps.."Well, just hope for the best..Give your best"I murmured to myself.

Finally, my turn came everyone was gone. Maybe, I was going to give the interview at last. I went to a cabin, where everybody was going to give the interview. I knocked at the door and a hard voice came from inside, "Come in".

I opened the door and...I thought I was going to fell on the floor...

HOLY SHIT! What is he doing here!!! Don't tell me he's gonna take the interview!!.The receptionist told me that the CEO of the company was going to take the interview, Wait....What?.He's the CEO of this company...I mean seriously the "CEO"?. I'm dead.I'm seriously not gonna get this job.

I went in and said "Good morning sir", but he didn't reply..What a rude man."Actually...I'm here.."I started talking, but when I saw him I couldn't understand anything. Wait..Is he looking at me?...Or...Is he sleeping with his eyes open?....I tried to do many things like- tap my feet on the floor, jump up and down..But no!!He didn't even gave a damn, after that I decided to say "Ermm...Sir?" In a high tone.

He immediately shook his head and adverted his eyes, After some seconds he looked back at me and said "Take a seat" pointing towards the chair. I sat down, and then he started asking different questions like - why do you want this job?...Some were really tricky, but guess what? I managed to give the correct answer...Then he asked me some questions about my personal life and all.

After the interview was over he said "Okay, Were done here, you got this job and the receptionist will tell you From when you'll join the company." I was overwhelmed with happiness but controlled myself and said "Thank you sir".

Saying that I started walking away when he stopped me by saying "And listen,Call me erick"now he was smiling at me...And I didn't got time to appreciate his looks..Oh yes!So, I'm gonna do it now..Actually I was speechless about Erick the only thing I can say is- he's the most beautiful, handsome, good-looking​ man I've ever seen...And yes..He's a gentleman too.

I just smiled back at him and said "alright....Erick".Saying that I walked out of the cabin and went home. I was in a really good mood when I got home, Mom opened the door and this time-I smiled first and mom was surprised by my expression, she smiled back and I got inside and made myself comfortable. then, I told Mom everything.She laughed badly when I told her that Erick was the guy I spilled my coffee on, yesterday I didn't got the time to explain the whole incident but today I told her everything and that to in details.

After we were done talking to each other, She made me a hot chocolate drink.I finished it and we went to watch TV.I should admit that today is the best day of my life. We were watching tv, When there was a knock at the entrance door.I opened the door "Julie!" I shouted in surprise.My cousin!!.We were buddies from childhood even yesterday we shared everything with each other on call but sadly, As I was not having the balance I had to hang up, but now she was here!!.We told each other everything that took place today.

It was only seven so, me and Julie decided to go shopping we asked Mom also but she said that she had a lot of work. So, we just went to our respective rooms. obviously, Julie came to stay with us for 4-5

months every year so she had a room.

Well, I chose to wear my black leggings with a cute boat- neck white top.
Where as, Julie was wearing an A-line dress which was green in colour.

After that we went shopping, She didn't let me pay and we made a deal that when I'll start working and we will go shopping then I'll pay the amounts. We laughed, giggled with each other and enjoyed each other's company.

Then, after sometime we came back home. Sitting on a couch, We were watching TV and eating tacos and nachos. When mom came to us and scolded us "Aren't you both going to sleep? Amelia you've to go to your office..and Julie!!....You have to go and visit all your relatives, your mother asked me to make you do that tomorrow otherwise your mother..."

She knew what mom was going to say.... So, Before mom could finish her sentence, She got up and said "Okay, fine calm down mom"...Yes! She calls my mother as mom, She has called her mom ever since she started talking.
And now it was her habit.

Mom smiled at her and said "Fine!...Amelia..You also get up and go to sleep"as she finished her sentence I replied with my puppy eyes, "Mom...Please...The receptionist will tell me when to join the company"....."Oh! I almost forgot! But, Julie is going to sleep..And you're going too" mom commanded."Alright!, Alright! Pretty lady I'm going" I winked at her after saying 'Pretty Lady' with a goofy smile.Our relationship is Amazing.
Well, After that we both went to our rooms.

After two days-

I woke up, the same routine took place ; Me, Julie and Mom had breakfast.

Then, me and Julie both went for shopping, it became a routine to go for shopping everyday, as Julie was crazy about shopping.....And now even I got a good salary job so I was not worrying about money and all.

We were roaming in a mall, when I got a call I picked it up and said- "Hello?"...The lady from the other side replied "Hello...Is this Amelia Williams?"..I instantly​ recognised the voice and answered back "Yes Miss Grace it's me...Actually I was told that you'll tell me from when to join---" I was speaking when she cut me off and said-"Yes my child! I called you to let you know that you have to join the company from tomorrow, I know I'm telling this to you at a short notice...But be here tomorrow positively, and sharp at nine"."Yeah sure! I'll be there tomorrow... Thankyou" I immediately said that. And then she hung up.After that call a smile was plastered on my face.

Julie was looking at me still confused. "What happened?" I asked her. She took some time and said "You have to join the company from tomorrow.Right?". I over excitedly said "Yes!!".

Then, she held my hand and started dragging me towards a store."Come on, Amy we have to choose some outfits for you.. We're not left with much time". I smiled at what she said..I'm the luckiest person on Earth to get a cousin like that!!.

******************
DO VOTE & DO COMMENT!😀
People if you're enjoying the story so far then we

think you should support the writer by voting and commenting. Writing isn't an easy job!....This chapter contains 1450-1500 words.Your support will help us grow.