Chapter 59. Best Laid Plans*

Start from the beginning

"You should look like this all the time," I said.

"It would be kinda hard to talk to the others like this. I'm pretty reserved most of the time," Evan replied with a small laugh.

I rolled my eyes and conceded to her. "Of course, but I love the way you look now. This is how I'm going to think of you tonight. It will remind me of what I have to come home to."

Her face grew serious. "You will come home to me. To us."

"I promise," I whispered and carefully went through the door, pulling it closed behind me.

The apartment was quiet, and it seemed everyone had been good enough to allow us time to ourselves. Going out into the lobby, I went to the other side of the eighth floor and into the opposite hallway where Hannah, Hawk and Jean were staying. I wondered where Nathan had gone off to. That was something I'd have to pay more attention to, although he was fifteen. I needed to be sure I helped give Nathan guidance.

I heard laughter and loud movie noises coming from Hannah's apartment. I picked up Nathan's voice, and was grateful he had been taken in by one of the others. Deciding to let them watch more, as it sounded like they were having a good time, I moved to the end of the hall to Hawk and Jean's apartment. I did not hear any sounds coming from the apartment, but the movie in Hannah's apartment was very loud. I knocked and waited a moment.

Not getting an answer, I was not sure they were there. Maybe they went downstairs and were already discussing strategy with Xavier, Aiden and Malachi. Just to be sure, I punched in the code to the door and opened it slowly. As I entered the living room, I quickly drew back at the sight of the two men on the floor in a passionate embrace, not unlike what I had just done with Evan.

"I'm sorry, Jean, Hawk. I knocked and didn't get an answer," I called from behind the door.

The rapid shuffling and bumping into furniture told me they had not even heard me enter the room in the first place.

"Shit, Emil," I heard Hawk choke out.

"Don't worry about it, Hawk. He's fine," Jean said, trying to reassure the other.

"It's fine Hawk. Jean's right. Don't sweat it. I'll just meet you two in the music room in about fifteen minutes. Will that work?" I said, trying to erase the image of the two men from my mind. I was not homophobic, but I needed to be able to not picture them this way when it was time for battle later.

"We'll be there, mon ami," Jean said, with a laugh. I heard the sharp smack of a hand hitting something fleshier, and quickly closed the door and moved downstairs.

~~~Jean & Hawk~~~

"Jean, I can't believe he walked in on us!" Hawk said in a panicked voice, holding his discarded clothing in front of his naked body.

"It is nothing, Hawk. It will be fine. Don't worry. Are you ashamed?" Jean asked, not wanting this first time together to be tarnished.

Hawk was staring at a spot on the wall behind Jean, and answered, "No, I'm not ashamed, just feeling like a kid that got caught by their dad screwing around. I'm not used to feeling like that."

Jean shrugged and walked over to where Hawk was standing, not hiding his nakedness. He pulled Hawk closer to him and pushed the gathered clothing out of his hands. Lining their bodies up closely, Jean held Hawk tightly to him at the hip and neck. He placed his lips on the side of Hawk's rough jaw and kissed him gently, making his way to the other male's ear, where he bit quickly, drawing a drop of blood. He sucked the crimson drip that trembled there for a moment, ending the motion with a gentle tug on the earlobe.