prologue

People say that everything happens for a reason. That all of the hardships you go through will be worth it in the end.

I am a believer of this way of thinking. If it weren't for all of the things that I faced in high school, I wouldn't have been with this man that I love dearly.

"Babe," he said as he wrapped his arm around my waist as we lay on our bed. "It's half past two. Go to sleep."

I sighed and turned towards him, "I can't. I can't stop thinking."

I looked at the peaceful features of his face as he closed his eyes and breathed heavily. I heard him sigh as I wove my fingers into his dark hair and leaned forward to plant a kiss on his nose.

He smiled and opened one of his eyes, "You wanna talk about it?"

I shook my head and gave him a small smile, "No, I'm fine."

"Well, he grinned and snuggled into my chest, "We've got a big day tomorrow."

He sat up and started humming The Wedding March with a large smile on his face.

"Shut up," I laughed and let out a scream as he began to tickle my stomach. "Stop!" I yelled in between my laughing and hard breathing.

He finally stopped and rolled us over so that I was straddling him.

"I can't believe I'm marrying such a dork tomorrow," I teased and leaned down, touching his forehead with my own.

"Believe it, sweetie. Ten more hours and you're Mrs.-"

"Don't spoil it! I want the man who's marrying us to announce it to the whole world."

He grinned and kissed my lips, "I love you, Sam."

"I love you," I whispered.

Yup, all that drama that we survived together was definitely worth it.

(a/n: as you can probably tell I decided to rewrite the book so here's the new start)