"Well, your jump right there proves differently." His voice wasn't harsh. It fact, it was heavy with concern and worry. "Was it because you talked about your parents?" 

"No, I just." She began to chew on her lip, a nervous habit that she was trying to rid herself of. She fiddled with the sleeves of her coat and took a step back. "I wasn't going to tell you this, but I got a response from LA." Harry's ears perked up at the mention of Los Angeles. It had been a few weeks since their talk about the summer; he had almost forgotten. 

"Oh. What --" he paused. "Are you moving to LA?" 

She looked down at her shoes and slowly nodded her head and whispered a small "yeah". Harry looked down at his shoes as well and began to run his hands through his hair. He knew that the possibility of Ava getting the internship was high. She was smart and talented - something that he would not deny. Yet, the ache in his heart proved that the selfish side of him did not want her to go. The selfish side of him wanted her to give up the internship and move to New York with him. He wanted to see her do well, but he also wanted her to himself and to himself only. 

"Congrats" He did mean that. He knew that he did and she knew that too, but the ache in his heart didn't hurt any less. She walked over and wrapped her small arms around his tall structure. 

"This doesn't mean that we are ending." She spoke into his jacket. "This just means that we will have to try a bit harder, that's all." She looked up and placed a soft kiss on his own. The moment was sweet, neither one wanting to rush or deepen it. 

As they stood their in each others embrace, Harry knew that he needed to let her go. He loved her, that he would not argue. He loved her with everything that he had. He had fallen for her fast; this was something he would never regret. Never once did he expect to fall for this girl before him. She was broken, but so was he. Their love for literature, old books, and chinese food at Christmas brought them closer together. It was inevitable that they would find themselves together. 

But like the saying goes, good things have to come to an end. 

In their situation, however, this did not mean that their relationship would end. He just knew that he had to let her go so that she could experience her passion. And if this was meant to be, which he hoped with everything in him, then they would work hard for it. Then at the end of the summer, when he comes back for a break before his tour, they would see where they go from there. 

But for now, they would have to enjoy the now and not give up on what they have. He wouldn't let the walls that he finally broke down go back up because of something like this. No. He wouldn't allow it. 

He finally pulled back and held her face in his hands. He kissed her with a fervour and passion that he didn't know he could muster up. He wanted to show her how much she meant to him. He did not kiss her with his lips but it was with his soul. His soul that longed for her soul; his love that longed for her love.

She pulled him in closer. With the touch of his lips, she felt like her universe was exploding around her. She felt lost in his kiss but with no intention to be found again. Her fingers gripped his jacket and she slipped them under his thin shirt. Her fingers were ice compared to the fire he released. He kissed her cheek, then her nose, then her neck, her ear and lastly, her forehead. 

"I'm not going to let this relationship go. You're stuck with me. I fucking love you, Ava Hastings." 

A tear began to slide down her cheek. He pushed it away with his thumb and kissed the spot that the tear touched. "Why are you crying?" 

"This is the first time I've been happy, truly happy, since my mom died. I didn't think it was possible to be this happy again." 

"You have no fucking idea how happy you make me." He kissed her once more.  "I'm really learning to trust and love again. Something I didn't think was possible. I thought my life was going to be shitty for the rest of my life. But then I walked into that coffee shop and stumbled my words like an idiot because I finally saw what happiness looked like. I forgot how fucking great it was until I saw you, Ava." 

She smiled but could feel her face blush. He pushed a piece of hair away from her face and tucked it behind her ear. "You are my happiness, Harry." Her voice was small but it was heavy with truth and certainty. 

That night after a day of enjoying each other's company, Harry took out his journal and began to write. He was working on a series of poems that he started from the day he first met her at Mita's. He hadn't realized they were about her until one day he stopped and read one. He picked up his pen and began to write... 

After a while, my hurting began to fade
The earth shattering hopelessness 
vanished -
And I thought of her.

The fingerprints on my heart matched her own.

After a while I realized, she made me okay. 
And I learnt what it meant to love again.
Her existence cut me deep 
and would not heal.

Yet I did not want it to. 
 And it was because of her,
And her smile,
and her infectious love that caught me.

Tenderly I hold her close
Because I will know that she is mine and I am hers. 

He closed the leather notebook and bounded it. Lifting his arms, he stretched up. He looked over at his door and something caught his eye. It was an envelope. The hell? He thought to himself. 

He walked over and pulled it out. He had been in his apartment for a few hours now and had not noticed this before. He opened it up carefully. A small folded piece of paper was inside. He took it out carefully and unfolded the piece of paper. 

Harry: 
I am sure you are confused, and I get that. I am in the city and have something that Delaine wanted me to give to you in person. 
Meet me tomorrow at 4pm at the park on 23rd and Duke. 
Levi

It had been months since Levi and Harry last talked. It had been around New Years when he sent the letter from Delaine. It was the letter that gave him the final push to move on and forget his past. He was finally moving on from it. He had finally let her go. What possible could he have that he couldn't have sent him previously? 

He scratched his neck nervously. He placed the letter on his table and walked over to his bed. He knew that whatever it would be, he would not allow it to stop him from moving forward. He was done with his past. He was down with Delaine. 

--

Drama is comin'. 

Vote and Comment! +5 votes and I will update tomorrow!