Tale One: Crescent Moon

In a place unknown to anyone else, stood a small figure. No one can tell whether it is a boy or a girl, or what he looked like, even the clothes seemed too hazy to decipher, however, it is quite clear that that small figure was a child no older than six. The child did nothing as he remained standing on that very same spot he was on, not moving as the scene around gave off a creepy atmosphere. The sky was pitch black, the land was dry, too dry you could see the cracks, the trees were dead, not even a leaf can be seen. To say the least, the place the child was is a place for dead only.

"Can you hear me?" someone called, his voice was deep, cold and carried nothing as it echoed throughout the place like a melody that would give you shivers.

"Can you hear me?" it called again.

"Can you...hear me?" the voice repeated for the last time.

The child opened his mouth to answer, but closed it out of hesitation and wariness. Who was that man any way? As the child looked around, all he could see were black sky, dry and dead trees and nothing else.

Cool breeze blew from behind, making the child's hair strands to sway forward, tickling his young face. The child felt like the wind was guiding him to somewhere as it continued on blowing silently. Curious, the child took a step forward followed by his other foot. He took each step hesitantly at first, but eventually he walked normally as his small and slow strides could. The wind still blew and only did it stop when the child reached a lake. He never would have thought to find a lake in a very cool, dry and dead place like this. If there is a lake, then why would the place suffer this much? The child wanted to know why.

The child moved forward, a little closer to the only body of water that can be found in such a dry lace. He kneeled down and hovered over the water. He looked at his own reflection, though he had never seen his face, he knew that the reflection was not his even though you could hardly make a picture out of it. The child averted his eyes to somewhere out there. And, that was when he noticed a black crescent moon reflected on the surface of water. He gasped. The child looked up and was surprised to see silver crescent moon instead of black. He then instantly looked back at its reflection then back to the silver moon and back to its black reflection.

The child was now confused.

+++oOo+++

"Briiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!" the alarm clock on the head board rang like mad, informing the sleeping head below that it was already seven in the morning of Saturday. The figure under cream blanket squirmed, not wanting to get, but he had no choice since the alarm clock won't stop pestering him. So, a groggy hand poked out of the blanket and tapped on the head board, searching for the annoying alarm clock.

"Click!" he turned it off finally.

He lazily pulled his hand back under the covers and promised to wake up after ten minutes.

"..."

Ten seconds later...the bed's only occupant rose up, letting the blanket fall. With the bed head, and was still half asleep, the white haired teen blinked once, twice, and thrice before groggily saying, "I had a weird dream, but I can't seem to remember it." he sighed after a long pause.

The teen swayed his leg down to the side of the bed, stood, and made his way to the bathroom. Just like any other day, the teen grabbed some change of clothes, headed to the bathroom and changed. The teen then opened the door from the bathroom to his room. He was now wearing a pair of dark gray pants that reached pass his ankles, so much that it touched the floor, and a plain white sweater which sleeves are long enough not to see the tip of his nails.