Home Wrecker

With the door shut behind me, a rush of air burst into my lungs. My muscles released the tight grip they held on my joints and my whole body shivered with the sudden absence of adrenaline. My breathing became ragged with the rapid beat of my heart and my cheeks flushed with my heated blood.

With my hormones now in check, I reflected over the previous half hour with a shudder of disgust. I knew I was lonely, but to let myself give in so easily to an attractive man's advances left me more disappointed in myself than in his actions, and a quick glance down revealed the epitome of my embarrassment. There, with buttons still undone, my chest glowed in the cold moonlight that drifted in through the large hallway windows.

Cursing my weakness, I straightened out my shirt and then proceeded to button myself back up. However, in my haste, I hadn't noticed that I was not alone on the first floor of the old manor home.

"Slut." The word hissed through the shadows and my head snapped up to find Natasha slinking out into the cool blue square of light cut sharp by the frame of the tall windows. "Not here for more than a day and you're already screwing your way into our house."

My hands fumbled, their job on my shirt unfinished as I took a step back. "That's...that's not what happened. I would never..."

"You didn't even offer him your blood," she said with a snarl, her hand lashing out as quick as a snake, grabbing my chin and forcefully twisting my head so the light illuminated my neck. "Left his mark, but not his true kiss. Unless you're hiding it in places I can't see." She spat the last few words out and gave my chin a good yank before releasing me.

"N-no, I don't...I don't even know where you're thinking..."

"This innocent act is pathetic. At least Scarlett had the decency to make her intentions known from the start, but being a nympho didn't get her eternity and it won't for you either," she said drawing closer. "Even if you prove fertile, you'll never have what I have with Antonov. I was here first. I have his respect. I've given him his first child. I will be his queen."

"That sounds great." The words felt rough against my throat as I yanked them from my tightening lungs.

"You are such an envious whore aren't you," she said through gritted teeth.

"N-no, I meant...I meant that sounds g-great for you." My back pressed against the wall and Natasha slammed her palms on either side of my head, caging me in place.

"It will be," she hissed. She drew one of her hands up and balled it into a fist. I cringed, curling away from the expected blow, only for it to land with a painful thud just next to my ear. "And no one will usurp my throne!"

"Natasha, is that you?" Antonov's voice was muffled behind the thick wooden paneling that formed the walls of his study. We were still just outside his room and his first wife's act of rage was released upon a shared wall.

"Yes, my dear," she replied in a singsong voice. "I just tripped and..."

With her distracted, I bent down and slipped out from beneath her arm. I then ran through the hall and back towards the dining room. From behind me, Natasha muttered some words of apology to Antonov, but hadn't begun a proper pursuit. Once I reached the large table, I thought to turn for the foyer and straight out the door, but a shadowy figure stood in my way, watching over a few of the children, the products of an unnatural bond.

"Delilah, is that you?" asked Zelda, who took a couple steps forward. "What's wrong?"

Some of the children turned to face me and as they did, the moonlight caught their eyes and reflected back with an eerie red glow. Behind me I could hear Natasha stomping her way down the hall. I didn't stay to answer Zelda.