Prologue

Fake. I was never one to be good at showing false emotions. 

Yes that's right! I'm a female and I am not a fabricated typical ‘drama’ chick. Generally-well more like stereotypically females are known to be fake right?  Or at least deny the fact that they are- I am probably doing the same or I'm just being honest. 

That’s up to you to decide.

Anyway before I go into the comprehensive details about my ongoing life. I'd like to introduce you to someone- Me! 

Well my name is Thea Alexander. And I am an orphan- well not really considering that I live with my uncle and absolutely ‘perfect’ aunt (note the hint of sarcasm).

Lets move on shall we?

My parents died when I was 14. Which was around 4 years ago. Since than I've been living with my blood uncle and aunt.

 My world is not exactly paradisiacal you see. I am confined within this microscopic –tiny room of mine. Well initially it was a closet. But my aunt thought that giving me my own room would be a waste, considering that I'll probably contaminate it with filth and putrefaction. So she decided to make the tiny closet of hers into my room. 

To be honest I can't wait to get out of this nightmare. I'm practically the laborer who never gets paid- to my uncle and aunt. A slave. But than again I can't complain. They're letting me live in this hell hole for free and I'm not exactly a ‘people’ person to be working at retail to rent out a place-

You've probably noticed that I'm not really the nicest person you'll come across.  I don't get along with everyone. That's because I choose not to.  I'm more of a lone wolf.  I prefer to hang out alone .

And when I said lone wolf. I practically meant it. Considering that I am a werewolf, and I prefer to refrain from pack meetings.  Making me a lone wolf. Get it? Well if you don't understand that you'll get a hang of it soon. No worries. 

Anyway moving forward, I belong to the Shadow pack. Initially it belonged to my late father, the Alpha, until Johnathon, my uncle took over after my fathers death.  

Reason I refrain from pack meetings you may ask? 

Well that's because before my father died he was accused of theft of pack possessions . Which I doubt was true. He couldn't handle the accusations so he committed suicide, a few months later my mother died from euphoria - a broken heart disease.

Yes I'm being straightforward and bland about my parent’s death. That's because I've grown to accept it. 

Don't get me wrong I loved my parents and I still do! We were the perfect family and nor do I blame them for the way I am treated by the pack today.   Nor do I believe the foolish accusations put upon my father. 

Our pack is a full crowd containing the strongest of werewolves in the country. When there is a large crowd, there is always the focus point who gets picked on . In other words the pack just needs someone to pick on, so at school that's what they do. 

I guess I'm the perfect target considering that there is a stain on my past. 

And no I don't just sit there and let them harass me. I also do what I have to do.  

The walk to school was a struggle, my half-torn shoe heel was almost splitting off the sole. I could feel my heel barely slightly touch the cold floor as I stride across the school hallway .

"Hey pickle face, mind throwing the eraser back? It's stuck on your filthy hair " A harsh voice spoke from the table behind me as I enter class . 

Yes I knew who that voice belonged to. Jay Allen- my so called ex-best friend-well that was before my parents died. 

I don't bother to remove the eraser piece, or glance at him even once. I had learned to handle these scenarios in a much mature way. So instead I take my books out from inside of my bag, than take a seat, and patiently wait for Ms.Mcphee- my math teachers lesson to end.  Math was really not my subject.

And there goes the class bell.

I can hear the snickering and little giggles from the cheerleaders and the 'tough' guys in the back, as I exit. I was the victim of this cheap bullying.

I don't bother with it and walk straight out of the classroom. 

It didn't hurt me that my so called ex best friend Jay turned his back on me after my parents died, nor did it hurt that he never supported me or bullied me in class after. 

What did hurt was that he supported his best friend Jason to reject me as his soul mate.