Chapter four (EDITING AND CHANGING)

Chapter four:

Damen’s point of view

Wow. She sure is one beautiful vampire.

“Damn! She’s hot!” Phil says as he stares at her with wide eyes. He turns to me and winks. This guy, I swear. Like I said before, loves girls.

Her eyes briefly meet mine. She seems to be thoroughly checking me, and then moves her gaze over to other people in the room.

“She is beautiful. Didn’t expect her to look like that; but she doesn’t seem like she is ready to be queen. She’s looking around at everyone like she is a little kid in a room filled with grown ups.”

“Oh, come on. Give her a break,” Phil says; pleading with her. “She seems new to all of this. I would be like that too if I wasn’t completely clued in on the whole -billions of people at the crowning- situation.”

“Well, she should have been prepared. I sure didn’t look around at everyone like that when I got crowned. I knew to keep my posture and to wait for the announcement of my name,” I say, matter of factly.

It’s not that she looks scared; it’s more like she is in awe of how many people are here. She should look straight at the head of the council and keep her emotions in tact. That is how a true new ruler would act.

She finally fixes her gaze on the head member of the council; and he announces the greeting to everyone.

“So Valina is her name huh? It’s sexy; I like it,” Phil says with a dorky smile plastered on his face.

“It’s pretty unique,” I say.

She then kneels. The head member then starts with the custom questions. Valina replies back with the proper answers (shockingly).

He places the crown on her head. Everyone starts cheering.

And then she falls to the ground.

“The queen fainted!” someone yells from across the room.

“Oh shit, I didn’t expect her to faint,” Phil says; concern for the queen on his face.

“Yah neither did I,” I say. “I wonder why she fainted. She seemed perfectly fine up until the part where everyone started cheering.”

“Maybe she fainted out of nervousness,” Phil says.

“Maybe, but I don’t think she was nervous,” I say.

I don’t know how to explain it, but I feel like I know she didn’t faint from nervousness. Like something is letting me know it wasn’t that…

“Anyways, I hope she is ok,” Phil says.

“Yah, me too,” I say as I keep my gaze on the new queen’s body.

They seem to be carrying her back through the double doors in a stretcher.

“Daren!”

I turn my direction from the new queen to the voice I just heard.

“Uncle Kaydon?” I ask, rather shocked that he was here. I didn’t expect my uncle to show up here. I thought he was back at the kingdom making sure everything was in check.

“I heard what happened to the new queen. That poor girl. Fainting from nervousness,” he says.

‘I don’t think it was form being nervous uncle,” I say.

“Then what do you think it was? Come on Damen; that is the only thing that could be possible. Don’t say such dumb things,” he says; clearly annoyed by what I said.

Did I already mention that I hate that guy?

“Whatever uncle. Think whatever you want to think,” I say; getting ready to leave and head back to the kingdom.

“Where do you think you’re going?” uncle Kaydon says. “You have to stay here and go make sure the queen is ok.”

“What?! Why?!” I say.

“Because,” he says. “You have to show at least some respect, you rude child. You both will be ruling your kingdoms at the same time and you must keep the peace. Visiting her and making sure she is ok is the right thing for a great ruler to do. Don’t you think so?”

“I guess,” I say.

“Good boy. Now you and Phil go behind those double doors and make sure she is alright. I need to talk to the head member about some matters.”

“What matters?” I say; slight anger showing through my voice. “And why don’t I know about these matters?”

“It’s about minor things, my boy. Don’t get so hasty; and besides, the head member and I are good old friends” my uncle says.

“Come on Daren, let’s go see if Valina is alright; and then we can head back home,” Phil says. I can tell through his voice that he is pleading with me to leave. He also doesn’t like my uncle. What a coincidence.

“Alright, let’s go,” I say.

“Bye Daren!” my uncle calls after me as I’m walking away. “When she awakes, congratulate her and strike up a conversation! Don’t be rude and in a haste to leave!”

“Yah, yah. I got it,” I say, loud enough for my uncle to hear, as we continue walking towards the doors.

“What a creepy guy,” Phil says. “Every time he is around I get goose bumps.”

“Aww, you’re falling for my uncle?” I tease as he punches me.

“I.Like. Girls. Got it?” he says.

“Yah, yah. Whatever you want me to believe,” I say as he growls. I start laughing and Phil glares at me. Teasing this guy is too much fun.

 We continue walking until we finally reach the doors.

“Shall we go in?” Phil asks with a goofy grin.

“We shall,” I say as I return the same goofy grin.

I mean, how bad could a convo with the new queen be?