Chapter 1 - R

"Happy Birthday to Red and Green, Happy Birthday to you two!"

The crowd finished the classic song with enthusiasm and cheered on,

"Make a wish!"

"Hurry up I'm starving!"

"Wish for separate Birthdays, that way you both get your own cake!"

The two boys, now nine years old, looked at the last person to shout something with a mix of disgust and confusion.

"Nooo! Red and me like sharing a party together, you're crazy!"

Green countered and stuck his tongue out in confirmation while the raven haired simply nodded in agreement.

"Okay birthday boys go ahead and blow out the candles, camera's waiting!" Delilah ushers, pointing to the device in her hands with a somewhat impatient smile.

Green glances at Red with a grin, "You ready? At three like always! One, two three!"

The two inhale deeply, bend forward a smidge and blow on the candles with all their might, trick candles wouldn't stand a chance.

Successfully the two stand back and high-five,

"Nice job Red, oh wait I think your hair fell on it look!" Green quietly gasped and the other turned to look.

"Sike!"

A hand comes from behind and pushed the unsuspecting red eyed child's face into the cake's corner.

Expectedly, Green doubles over in laughter as the unsuspecting one flinches back at wipes the color assorted frosting off his face. An idea strikes and Red decides he isn't done with him.

SLAM!

A ball of frosting has crashed and smeared all over the previously laughing child, who now has stopped in shock. Red isn't the only one who needs a shower now.

"Got you too." He smirks and looks at the brunette with accomplishment and playfulness.

"Duuude, nooo! My hair's so hard to wash!" Green complains and pouts while Red snickers. He grabs a blob of frosting and flicks it at his nose.

"Oh well, hey!" The light eyed one shouts, for Red just nudges him with his shoulder and grabbed his arm. His eyes shine in sudden remembrance. Nudging his head to the side, gesturing at the present table he grins.

"Race you."

He lets go of his grasp and speeds off, having an unfair head start.

Green's eyes widen, seconds later he processes what happened, "Hey! I'm suppose to start the races!"

Another small competition initiated, as anticipated. The two childhood friends always fought to be the very best, never in much seriousness. It was mostly over small things like,

'I bet I could eat this sandwich in two bites'

'I can in one'

Now at the present table Red lifted one of the boxes with green wrapping instead of the red, the gifts had all been color coded as they have been the past birthdays. Red's mom ways made sure to specify this detail in the invitations sent.

Before Green can say anything he hands it over to him muttering, "From me."

The other smiles and tears the wrapping off and opens it, gasping immediately.

"Wooow another box thanks."

Red narrows his eyes and scoffs.

"It's called a case. Mom told me."