Chapter 4

Red
-
-
-

"Red, sweetie, wake up~"

The soothing voice of his mom sung out to him, the child simply just scrunched up his nose and tightened his eyes while digging himself deeper into his blankets.

Blue and him had stayed up all night getting hyped about their Pokémon that they'd receive and ended up passing out in the middle of watching their favorite TV show together.

Maybe if I don't pay her any mind she'd leave me alone so I can sleep longer. Red thought to himself and he fell asleep once more...

BLEAT.

His eyes shot open at the sudden noise scaring him to death.

He quickly scrambling upward into a sitting position, almost falling off the bed and sees his mother grinning at him with a party horn between her teeth.

She takes it out her mouth and quickly looks him over, noticing his dumbfounded expression before shaking her head.

"Red don't tell me you forgot it's both, Blue's and your birthday today!"

Oh, it is? That fast? He narrows his eyes and looks around for a calendar, he squints and sees his computer screen still on, February 27.

Clicking his tongue he nods. He had forgotten, he supposed it made sense why Blue had been so restless and excited yesterday, he had been too, but the other had been more.

Delilah smiled at her son and shook her head, "Today's the day you get to go out on your Pokémon journey, you should go and meet up with Green at Oak's laboratory." She hugged him quick before heading downstairs, muttering to herself sadly.

"All boys leave home someday..."

• • •(-o-)• • •

Into the lab he went, waving at the assistants he met around, they all seemed hard at work and it was admirable how much effort they gave.

Once he reached the end of the building he had found one out of the two people he was hoping to find. Not that he minded who it was at all.

Blue lifted his eyes off the lulling floor, escaping from the clutches of sleep he almost fell into from the familiar noise of someone's sneaker as they were approaching.

"Red!"

The brunet stretched his arms out, yawning and went to the equally as tired boy.

Blue crossed his arms and tired to stay awake long enough to at least get the next few sentences out.

"Happy Birthday to us, huh?"

Red smiles slightly, only for it to be interrupted by a yawn of his own.

Blue smiles too, "man you're getting old, almost old as Gramps!"

That earns him a glare from him.

We're the same age Blue.