Chapter 2

"You don't actually mean that, do you?"

Jamie questions through the phone. "I don't know anymore. He's just such a jerk Jams! He knows exactly how to get under my skin and it bugs the crap out of me! I cant deal with it anymore." I say. Jamie sighs into the phone before continuing. "Sarah, I'm not going to tell you what to do, except, don't do anything rash. Take some time to think. I have to go. love you, talk to you later." My best friend says. "Love you too. Thanks, bye." I say before hanging up.

I had called Jamie to ask her what I should do about Brent. I asked her if I should break up with him, and that was her reaction. She was right. This is an important decision and I shouldn't rush it. Jamie always knows exactly what to say.

I let out a frustrated sigh and flop back onto my bed. My rhinestone covered iPhone 5c falls on my stomach in the process. Why is everything in life so complicated.

With that I hop into the shower. I let the hot water run over my body until my skin gets wrinkled. After shaving and washing my hair and body, I grab my towel and dry off. As I look in the mirror I almost don't recognize myself. without all the makeup I look... different. My hair isn't curly anymore, but stick strait. What would people think if they saw this?

I'm pulled out of my thoughts by my mother yelling at me from across the house. "Sarah! come here!" she hollers. "Coming!" I call back. Quickly I throw my hair into a messy, wet bun and put on my pj's.

I walk through the maze of halls to get to my mom. She is almost never home. my father left us when I was only a baby, so because my mom supports us she works long hard hours. She's a lawyer so her income is pretty good. we live on a fancy street, and our house is big, really big.

"Yeah mom?" I ask. I glance around the family room and see her sitting on one of the leather couches with a letter in her hands. "What's that?" I question.

She turns her head to me and her eyes narrow. "I was going to ask you the same thing." she says handing the Paper to me. I carefully take it. Its pink, that's normally not a good sign. The first thing I notice is my principles signature at the bottom of the paper. I read through it and my stomach drops to my feet. I read:

To the parents of Sarah J. Montgomery,

I am very sorry to inform you that one of our teachers here at Jefferson High has been giving complaints about your daughter Sarah. Mrs.Hally is Sarah's first period English teacher. She has informed me that Sarah has been late to class many times. We don't expect this behavior from Sarah, she is a very bright student with good grades but this is very disappointing. We do not except this behavior and Sarah will have to make-up her time lost in class with detention. For one week Sarah must attend one hour of detention after school. I am sorry for the inconvenience Ms.Montgomery.

Mrs.Becker

I cringe at her words. One weeks detention?! You have got to be kidding me! Then I realize, detention is the least of my problems.

"What in the world were you thinking young lady!" my mom yells. I glance up at her in that grey suit and quickly look down at my feet. "I watch you leave this house every morning, granted you are a little late out the door sometimes, but late to class!? This is unacceptable! Not only will you be attending detention everyday for the week but I am canceling your art classes." My mothers snaps. My eyes look up at her, terrified. "Y-you cant do that Mom!" I yell desperately. "Well just watch me, because I am!" she yells.

This is making me feel sick. "But-" I squeak. "Go to your room! And make sure you wake up on time!"

Knowing that if I say any more she will make the punishment worse, I obey and leave. Running to my room I feel a small tear run down my cheek. Once I reach my room I let them all fall.