Chapter Seven

"Alright, let's get you into this dress," Dawson said when Severide got back a little while later.

We headed into her and Matt's bedroom, closing the door behind us. I stripped down to my bra and underwear and held my hands out for the dress.

"Are you planning on having sex tonight?" she asked, raising her eyebrow at my lacy black underwear and matching bra.

"Shut up," I said.

I stepped into the gown and turned around so she could zip me up. I twirled, smiling as the long, flowing fabric floated around me.

"You look stunning," she said, handing me the earrings Severide had brought.

"Thank you so much for helping me get ready. I can do other people's hair and makeup, but when I try to do my own it just doesn't work as well," I said.

"What shoes are you wearing?" she asked.

I pointed to the pair of simple black heels that I had asked Kelly to bring. Dawson took one look at them and shook her head.

"What?" I asked.

"You are not wearing those. Hang tight. I'll be right back," she said, disappearing into the walk-in closet.

She emerged a minute later, holding a pair of sparkling silver ankle strap heels.

"Dawson, I can't borrow those. They look so expensive," I said.

"I got them on sale. You'll be fine. They go better with your dress," she said, handing them to me.

I sat on the edge of the bed and slipped my feet into the shoes, strapping them on. I stood and walked around the room, trying them out.

"They're surprisingly comfortable," I said.

"They're one of my favorites. Take good care of them," she said.

"Thank you," I said, hugging her.

We walked out into the living room where Casey and Severide were talking about one of Casey's construction jobs. Severide was in a black tux with a white shirt and bowtie. He looked fantastic. Dawson cleared her throat, causing the men to stop their conversation and turn to look at us. They both froze, eyes wide, when they saw me.

"Everly, you look beautiful," Matt said.

"Thank you," I said, looking at Severide.

He just nodded in agreement, too stunned to say anything.

"Are you ready to go? We need to be there in 30 minutes," I said.

"Yeah, let's go," Severide said, finally finding his voice.

We said goodbye to Dawson and Casey before heading out to my car. I handed the keys to Severide and slid into the passenger seat.

"You look magnificent, baby," he said, placing his hand on my mid-thigh and squeezing gently.

"You look amazing too," I said, placing my hand on top of his.

We arrived at the venue and Severide parked the car in an empty spot.

"There's not many people here," he commented, looking around the parking lot.

"We're early. I wanted to make sure everything was set up and ready to go before everyone showed up," I explained, opening my door.

"If you had anything to do with it, then I'm sure it will be perfect," he said, kissing me softly.