MPA experience

So in one of the chapters i promised u guys a whole chapter on my MPA experience so here it is.

I woke up took a shower and put on my band uniform that we put on for special occasions. My mom was helping me the whole morning. Then she drove me to school and I only brought my mouthpiece and my music binder.

So I arrive at school and go straight to the band room. And handed in my paper so that I could go on the trip.

Ms batcheller told us to make sure we have our instruments ready and have everything we need because we are leaving almost as soon as school starts.  Not long the bell rung and the band room was filled with all the people going to MPA. Multiple people had to fix there bow ties or there buttons because they didn't do it right ( I was one of them ). So 25 minutes later we got on a charter bus and left. On the way to the bus 3 of my guy friends saw me and I play a big instrument and the way I was carrying the instrument kinda looked wrong. They started laughing and ik they were making inappropriate jokes about me. The ride to armwood ( the high school that was hosting MPA ) was kinda long. So we got there  and unpacked our instruments and got in score order based on our instruments.  We walked in and armwood WAS GORGEOUS. It had a hall of fame full of trophies. Omg. Anyways we went to the band room and warmed up then percussion had to leave 5 minutes early so they could set up. We did amazing in the warm up room so that gave us a lot of confidence. We went of stage and played. As I was playing my mind was blank. I couldn't think anything. We went to the sight reading room. Sight reading is when u have 5 or 3 minutes to look at the music and then u have to play it and get a grade on it. After that we went into a clinic. Where they gave us tips to help us play better. Then we went back to the bus put our instruments away and went back in the school. If u had money then u bought something to eat and we were just hanging around at the front of the school. THIS ONE BAND CAME IN AND I LOVED THERE OUTFITS. They had red bow ties omg I fell in love. Ms batcheller was looking really upset so that made us think that we got a bad grade but we didn't. We were a couple points away from getting a superior. And they said our stage posture was on fire. The ride back to school was short. We ate pizza hung out in the band room for 45 minutes and went to our 5th period. Not to long after I got signed out. And that was the end of it.