Chapter 1

"Where were you?" I ask Tom as he comes through the front door and pushes me hard, making me stumble and hit the wall "I've barely got in and you're already fucking interrogating me - just shut up" he shouts, leaving me and going to the kitchen for another glass of whiskey - these days he likes the alcohol more than me.

I let out a deep breath knowing we will argue again - just like this morning, like yesterday, and the previous day and all the days before that for the last two years of our marriage.

The stench of tacky perfume invades my senses mixed with alcohol and multiple releases; one of them being Tom's - a she-wolf knows her male's scent especially his release.

I growl, my wolf enraged that he is home smelling that way again. He is always sure to keep their scents on him; however many whores he has, he doesn't bother trying to hide any evidence he lets me see everything. And every time I'm even more pathetically heart broken.

Entering the kitchen I see him texting in one hand, a whisky in the other and that smile on his face - the smile that he used to wear especially for me when I was his world but now he wears it for any female knowing it works every time no matter who he does it too. He even does it to me sometimes and I can't help but fall for him again, he is my weakness and he knows it.

I stalk towards him "Who are you texting?" I spit venomously, he doesn't even acknowledge me "Thomas" I snarl "Answer me!" I roar - tears burning my eyes as I know who he's texting but I want him to say it.

I'm shoved into the cupboards, his alcohol tainted breath fanning over my face making me want to vomit and kiss him at the same time.

A hard slap to my face has my head snapping to the side "Tom" I croak the tears streaming down my face but he is just hitting me continuously. Getting me on the hard floor and choking me "Go on hit me" taunting me "N-n-no" I try to say he just laughs, "You're supposed to be a werewolf -stronger than me but look at you on the fucking floor." he hisses, another hit to my stomach has me jolting up.

His hits hurt but nowadays I have learnt to relish in the pain, it doesn't feel as bad as it once did and in some sort of sick and twisted way my mind has me feeling like every hit is like a kiss.

Where he hits me now, he used to kiss me sweetly.

There's a part of me that loves his beatings because it brings me back to the happy memories before he changed; I block out the present with thoughts of the past.

The first time we met enters my mind, I had been alone in the human world, left the safety of my pack to get some peace and quiet and the humans seemed to understand that; allowed it as most of them liked their quiet as well. I didn't have any pack members around - which was normal as my family didn't want anyone interacting with me especially males; they're protective, too protective. I suppose that is natural for them as my father is a successful Alpha; he built his reputation of being powerful, strong and of course he's made enemies on the way and he does not want to risk his mate or any of his pups lives - especially his youngest pup and only daughter.

It had been only a couple of days ago I visited last, going to the quiet café some time ago which I always came back to as there were people who would mind their own business; I did get stares because naturally werewolves are beautiful - it's to lure in our prey but it's been centuries since were's would hunt humans for food purposes par rogues. Humans weren't supposed to be killed, we weren't really supposed to interact with them; we would stay in our packs and they would stay in their human areas without even knowing that werewolves lurk in the woods.

I had sat down on my usual table that I had sat at the previous times I'd been here and ordered the same; a simple hot chocolate and my attention had been grabbed by a human male. He had came through the door and his eyes were focused on me so I raised a brow to him and he smiled, a faint blush coming onto his cheeks as he straightened his tie and came over to my table.