Chapter 21.

I shuffle and twist in my sleep, groaning uncomfortably. Hermione sits up in her bed and rubs her eyes, blinking to try and make seeing in the dark easier. "Sarah?" She whispers. "N-no...stop...stop!" I cry, my voice edged with pain. Hermione swings her legs over the side of the bed and jumping down. "Please...P-p-ple-please...don't..." "Lumos!" She whispers, holding up her wand as she hurries over to my bed, squinting in the sudden light. "Sarah!" She shakes me lightly. "Wake up!" She shakes me harder, though still carefully. "STOP! STAY AWAY FROM THEM!" I cry out, thrashing my blankets and waking up some of the other Gryffindor girls. "Wake up!" Hermione suddenly slaps me, which wakes me up instantly. My eyes open and I sit up, tears streaming down my cheeks and still breathing heavily. My head snaps towards Hermione, who has her hands over her mouth, horrified that she slapped me. "I'm sorry! You were thrashing and yelling and I didn't know what else to do!" She cries, throwing her arms around my neck and squeezing me tightly. I just sit, trying to collect myself and what's happening right now. "Wha-Hermione...It's okay..thank you for waking me." I say softly, gently hugging her. She pulls away and strokes my hair comfortingly. "What were you dreaming about? Do you want to talk about it?" "No..I'm just going to go for a walk." I half smile at her, and slide off my bed. "Alone." "You could get in trouble." "Don't worry. I won't." I reply, then walking off, ignoring the other girls stares.

I walk down the hallway, looking at all the portraits on the wall and occasionally apologizing for waking up some of them. That nightmare....why's it shaking me up so much? I've had plenty like it, so why is this particular one so disturbing? I don't know....I don't know....I don't feel like I want to know. Voldemort, he was...he was right there in front of me, it was like I was clinging to him....why would I do that? And I could see their bodies behind him, over his shoulder, just past some death eaters and a very stern looking Lucius Malfoy; My friends, all laying dead, in a pile on the ground...Ron, Hermione, Draco, Neville, Luna, Seamus, Dean, Fred, George, Ginny, Blaise, Pansy, and..and Remus. Sirius was standing nearby, staring straight ahead with a cold, dead look in his eyes as Peter Pettigrew held his wand to the back of his head and muttered a spell that made him crumple to the ground like a puppet whose strings were cut; Murdered by his betrayer of a former best friend, who didn't look as though he felt any remorse or sadness, instead, he laughed...sickly and violently laughed along with Bellatrix, the cousin of his victim. Behind Sirius in a line stood Hagrid, Mcgonagall, Molly and Arthur Weasley, who stood together defiantly, behind them, Professor Trelawney, Professor Flitwick, Mr. Ollivander, Percy, Bill, and Charlie Weasley. They wore no expression, keeping their dignity until the very end. Voldemort, turned away from me and towards the line, then silently directing the death eaters to take Hagrid from the line. I felt the horror inside of me but I couldn't react, all I could do was watch. Hagrid was brought over to the dark wizard and I, and for once in his life his usually bright eyes were dull, but tear filled. "Get on your knees, Giant." Voldemort ordered, and Hagrid obeyed, but he looked at me, and then at Voldemort. "Don't hurt her please. Yeh can torture me all yeh want but please don't do a thing ta her. I brought her here when she was little...I...I-I.." He begins to stutter, and then breaks down into tears, holding his big hands over his face and sobbing into them hysterically. "She's like my own daughter ta me...please!" He cries. I want to hug him, seeing Hagrid cry is unsettling, even if it's just in a dream....it's so realistic. Voldemort laughs, a deep, scratchy, wretched laugh that barely seems to make it out of his throat. "How kind! Thank you for your confession, it's given me an idea." Hagrid freezes, trying to work out what he could mean. "Kill him." Voldemort commands, turning to me and smiling evilly. "Wh-what? No!" "You will do as I say." I can't...I can't...I-I'm yanked from my reliving nightmare by my head smacking against the stone door frame of the library entrance. I guess I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. "Who's there?!" Someone whisper shouts from the end of the hall. Shit! Do I run? What the hell do I do?! Nobody should be up right now, 'cept Filch...but that voice is familiar, and certainly too young to be Filch. I look down the hall and see a boy's silhouette walking towards me. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuCK FUCK FUC-wait..."Draco? What're you doing up?" I ask him, dropping my voice to a whisper. He smiles and stops a couple inches away from me. "I could ask you the same thing." He replies, reminding me of an incident in second year, also involving Draco. I shuffle where I stand for a second, debating whether or not I should tell him. "You first." I say, raising an eyebrow. "I just needed to go for a walk, there's some family stuff I needed to get off my mind, you?" "I had a nightmare. What happened with your family?" Draco looks down at his feet and scuffs the ground; I put a hand on his shoulder. "You can tell me, Draco." "My father, he wants me to....let's go." He stops abruptly, his head snapping to the side. "What? Go where?" "I don't know....um..let's just go to my room, I can hear Filch coming this way." He whispers so quietly I can barely hear him, then grabs my hand and starts running.