Chapter XXVI

════════════════════
A U T H O R S
N O T E
════════════════════

Thanks for all the comments on last chapter! Glad to know at least half of you want to hurt me!1!1!1!😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃
(Jk jk😂)

════════════════════
C H A P T E R
T W E N T Y S I X
════════════════════

WHEN ALFIE KISSES me I'm shocked. It all happened so quickly — I literally went to the shop to get a litre of milk and I came out with a boy? Where was this hidden talent in high school?

He smiles at me when he pulls away. "I liked that." He announces.

"I think I liked that too." I notice how pretty his eyes are. They remind me of James's. No, no I can't think about my ex right now. That's just weird.

Alfie smashes his lips against mine again, and for a solid five minutes we're deep in a make out session. And somehow it feels so right...

Alfie has really helped me take my mind off, well, everything, and I'm grateful for that. I can't dwell in my miserable thoughts much longer.

And Alfie is helping so much. Unlike James, who doesn't seem to care. Or does he? I remember some of what he said that day, after my scan, but I was too busy sobbing to hear. Then I walked away.

But I figure Alfie is helping much more... much, much more.

I only pull away from him when I realise the time. "I need to get back to Hazel," I tell him.

He looks disappointed. "Okay," he says. "You have my number, don't you? Call me," he adds, smirking. I smile and I just know my cheeks are going red.

════════════════════

"Hey Riley!" Hazel says when I walk in the door.

"Hey Hazel," I reply. She's followed closely by Emily, who barely says hello, and demands details. I just grin to myself and that tells her enough.

I watch TV with Hazel for a while, and then she falls asleep on the sofa and I pull a blanket over her and leave her there to sleep.  Then I go and make coffee.

Emily walks into the kitchen and sits next to me. "Tell me," is all she says.

"I made out with him," I shrug. "It was nice." I can't help but grin.

"I bet it was," she narrows her eyes. "You've moved on." She seems confused by this.

"Yeah," I respond. "I guess I have."

Her look of confusion turns into a smile. "I'm so proud of you!"

I laugh. "I'm proud of me too."

════════════════════

My phone buzzes on the table. I'm almost too lazy to reach for it, but I'm glad I do, because it's a text from Alfie.

Hey Riley :) it's Alfie, just wanted to know if you'd like to go out sometime? X

I smile as I respond.

Sure :) tell me when and where and I'll be there ;) xxx

The restaurant beside my apartment block :) see u there babe Xx

What am I supposed to wear?

I'm exited but I also feel bad... for James. He'd be heartbroken... but no. I don't care. He did the same. More less. Acctually, he did worse. I have nothing to feel bad about.

He brought this pain on himself.

════════════════════

This is just a filler, sorry it's short :) xx

Quick shoutout to JileyKitten !! Her book is amazing please check it out :) she deserves all the reads!! x

Hope everyone has/had a nice day :D
- emma xx