Chapter 6- Drunken words are sober thoughts...

Start from the beginning

"Well I'll see you around then." He turned to leave but I caught his arm in my small hand.

"Joel wait..." I began making him turn towards me. "Look about Friday night. I was drunk and didn't know what I was saying. I like you too...a lot. I have liked you since 6th grade. And I bet your mouth doesn't taste like seaweed. I don't even know what seaweed tastes like! I bet your mouth taste like cotton candy or something. Not that I think about what your mouth taste like. I mean I do think about your lips. Wait no I don't-" I rambled running a hand down my face. "What I am trying to say is that I am sorry and I really do like you."

Joel chuckled looking at me amused. "I'm glad to hear that you like me back and all Ella but I'm going to tell you something that my mom told me. Drunken words are sober thoughts. So even if you say you don't like Shane it doesn't make it true." He said and walked off. I stood there with confusion written all over my face.  

Drunken words are sober thoughts. Drunken words are sober thoughts. Does that mean I am in love with Shane? I think I would know if I was. But then again I have never thought about him that way...Damn it Joel! I made my way into English class. The glass grew quite as I walked in and I looked up to find all eyes on me. I looked back down hiding the ashamed look on my face and went to my seat. Just don't look at them. They can't judge you if you don't look at them Ella.

"Hey, how did it go with Joel?" Shane rich voice filled my ears. I looked up and was captivated by his gorgeous emerald green eyes. We stayed like that, eyes locked, only seeing each other, and no one else. "Hello! Earth to Ella!" Shane called out waving a hand in front of my face.  I shook my head, regaining focus of the world around me.

"Wait, what did you say?" I asked confusingly, trying not to get distracted by the beauty in front of me.

Wait what am I say? Beauty in front of me? I don't like Shane...at least I think i don't . I can't like Shane. Everything would change if I did. But Shane is just...just...perfection. Everything about him is all I want. STOP IT!  He is your best friend and that is all! Damn it Ella get a hold of yoursel-

"Ella!" Shane screamed cutting off my thoughts. I looked up at him dazed.

"Huh?"

"What is up with you today? Stop spacing out on me!" He scolded making me look down ashamed. I mumbled a low "Sorry" running my fingers through my bangs. "Look, I can't come to movie night tonight."

"What?! WHY!?" I cried suddenly way more upset then I should be about this.  He flinched at my voice giving a 'what-the-hell?' look.

"Because I have a date tonight. You really need to chill the hell out." He cursed narrowing his eyes at me. I made a low growling noise in my throat as the sudden hit of jealously hit me.

"Fine. Have fun." I spat dropping my gaze from him. He gave a groan before stalking off.

Shane Mills. My best friend since diapers. The guy I trust with my life. The guy who I love the most. Is now the guy I like more than a friend. Is now the guy who I am always going to want. But do I tell him  that? No, I don't because there is a chance I could lose him forever. Do I get over him? I can try. I mean how hard can it be to get over my best friend?

And Then there is that little voice in the back of my head.

Pretty hard Ella. 

 {Shane's P.O.V}

What is her problem?" I grumbled slumbing down in my seat. Joel turned around in his seat with a raised eyebrow.

"What's who's problem?" He asked.

"Ella! She is acting really weird. She is spacing out on me, got really mad when I canceled on her, and she seemed jealous when I said I had a date." 

Joel shook his head. "You are so blind man!" he chuckled making me raise a eyebrow at him, egging him to go on. "She likes you dumb ass! She is spacing out because she is taking all of you in and day dreaming, she got mad because she wants to spend time with you, and she IS jealous because she wants to be that girl." He claimed with a smirk. 

"What? No she doesn't!" 

"Uh, yeah she does. She told me at the party." He said matter-of-fact.

"She was drunk!" I protested.

"Like I told her Drunken words are sober thoughts." I stared at him in disbelief.

Ella can't like me. I would know if she did. I've seen her gush over guys before and this is not how she does it. Maybe she is just on her period. No I've seen her on her period and she doesn't act like this. She can't like me...it would change everything. Damn it! Now I'm confused.

"No she doesn't it. She likes you, I would know."

"And she likes you too." He pressed.

Does she like me? I mean I have thought about us getting together but it would never work out. We are both completely two different people. I don't even know how we've stayed friends this long. It wouldn't be the same if we dated. I'm not a girlfriend and boyfriend guy to begin with.

"She doesn't like me and even if she did it wouldn't matter because I don't see her in that way." I stated as he turned back around shaking his head.

At least I think I don't.

*Authors Note*

Thank you so much to JustAnoth3rWriter for editing this for me! 

Anyways! So, what do you guys think?

Good or Bad?

And what about Shane's P.O.V? 

BTW New contest! Woop! Woop!

Who ever comes up with the best Ship name for both Ella and Shane and Joel and Ella, will win:

A dedication to a chapter

A comment and vote from me on one of there Stories

AND

A follow!

Much love pandas!

                                                                                                                               ~Storyofmylife5