Chapter 29

The words of Pettigrew were still ringing in the air. Everybody was shocked and speechless. Pettigrew looked quite pleased with himself, and held up Draco and Neville to them every so often as if to remind them about their ultimatum.

Teddy was frustrated and he wanted to throw something at Pettigrew's fat face, but he couldn't do anything to him without guaranteeing Draco and Neville's death, so he just started pacing around in agitation.

Albus wanted to grab his brother, but he would have to pull out his wand, and that would mean that Pettigrew would kill Draco and Neville. Which would mean that his favorite professor would have to die, his best friend and his best friend's father. And he would prefer for Scorpius not to die. Or James. Or Professor Longbottom.

Pettigrew stroked James' statue. "You better hurry up with your decision!"

Snape gave him a look of death and Pettigrew made a slight scream, and cowered. "Er, p-p-please?"

Sirius, and Lupin were discussing quietly, and Sirius looked quite frustrated as he was talking with animatedly with his hands.

Finally, Snape spoke up. "Give us Draco and Neville, and we will allow you to carry on with your plans."

'W-What about my w-wand?"

"There is no wand in this deal. You can take it, or leave it."

"Wait... how can I carry on my plans if I don't have my wand?!"

Snape shrugged. "That is not of my concern. Be creative and find a way."

Pettigrew gave a deep breath, as if to gather up all his courage. "Fine! Then no deal!"

He grabbed Draco and Neville, who thought they were saved, and started wringing his fat arms around their necks. They screamed and screamed bloody murder.

"HELP US!"

"Wait!" Lupin yelled.

Pettigrew narrowed his tiny eyes at him. "What?" He said, his grip on Draco and Neville's necks easing. They both took a shudder of breath, and Draco was grabbing at his throat to try and ease his pain in breathing.

"Give us the boy, Draco, and Neville and we will give you your wand back."

"I am missing a key component here! How can I continue on with my plan if I don't have the boy!?"

"That's not my problem-"

"No?! Well it's about to be, once I kill these two!"

Draco and Neville started shrieking again, but once Pettigrew started strangling them, their voices were cut off, making them even more scared.

Albus looked around at everyone. Teddy lost all his bravado and was looking seriously scared. Harry and Co was looking terrified for Neville. Even the adults looked concerned.

Scorpius looked from corner to corner. His eyes met Albus', and Albus knew what he had to do.

Let's see if I have inherited any skills from Dad.

Albus ran up to Pettigrew and started wrestling him "Petrificus Totalus!"

Pettigrew froze in place, just like how James was, and they were standing still next to each other.

Scorpius whistled. "Wow, Al!"

Albus breathed heavily. The only thing that was going through his head was he did not want people to die.

Harry looked confused at Ron and Hermione, then started whispering to them.

Rose ran over to her cousin. "Oh my gosh, Albus are you okay!?"
Al smiled and took deep breaths. "Yeah, I'm fine; I just got shaken up a little is all."