Confused and mentally abused part 5

Chapter 9

Did I ever tell you that I live alone? I'm 14 in the 9th grade and I live alone. Well as I said before my mother killed herself and my father left me the same year. He said he'd be back, that he was going to get some alcohol and if I ruined anything of his he'd whoop my ass. That same night he never came back. We lived in a house. Its all paid for so I dont have to worry about paying the mortgage. I have an after school job to buy food. I'm all set as long as nobody comes knocking at the door looking for my parents. I can take care of myself. Always have, and I always will.

                             ****

I was walking to the store one day when this really nice and handsome gentleman held the door for me on my way in. I thought he was just being polite which he was but that's not why he held it. Oh no there's a story behind it. And here's where it starts.

I was waiting to get to the register when he approached me.

"I know this is sudden but I couldn't help but notice your beauty." he said.

"That's very sweet of you. How many girls have you used that one on?" I asked.

"Actually two but you're the only one who thanked me." he said.

"Oh really? And what did the other girl do?"I asked.

"She slapped me," he answered.

I giggled and looked away.

"Oh you think that's funny?" he asked.

"Yes. Its hilarious" I said rubbing it in hs face.

"What grade are you in?" he asked.

"Ninth. How about you?" I said.

"Tenth. What school?" he asked.

"Washington high. You?" I said

"Taft," he replied.

"Ohh fancy," I said.

"Eh not really. Its a school full of nerds and stuck up bitches." he said.

"Hmmm" I said.

"What?" he asked.

"Nothing" I said.

I was next to the register so our conversation got cut short.

But when I was walking out he stopped me.

"I never got your name or number" he said. "Mine is Chase."

"My name?"I asked.

"Yeah or your number." he replied.

"My number is in the phone book, figure that out and you'll know my name" I said walking out.

"But-"

I guess I cut him off but I'm not ready to be involved with another guy.I mean I wanted to get to know him. I really wanted to. If I did who knows what could've happened. But on the plus side his name is Chase.