You Can't Save Us

"GET OUT!"

Narnia Holmes was a 14 year old girl with only two friends, Asgard & Gallifrey. Two friends, living on different sides of the world.

"NARNIA MIA HOLMES GET THE HELL OUT OF THIS HOUSE!"

______________________________________________________________________________

"Hey Nar, you ok?"

Gallifrey Coover was a 15 year old boy with two friends, Narnia & Asgard. Narnia, living in Brighton, England, and Asgard living in Berlin, Germany.

"Gallifrey, you have to help me. Please."

"Nar, I'm gonna call Asgard, he lives closer to you, ok?"

______________________________________________________________________________

"Hey Asgard, Narnia just called me, she needs help and I can't get over there. Can you hop on a plane and get to her?"

Asgard Pellegrini was a 17 year old boy. He had two friends, Narnia & Gallifrey. All living so far apart with Gallifrey in Chicago, Narnia in Brighton, and him in Berlin.

"Dude, I don't know what time it is for you, but it's the middle of the night."

" Asgard, please. Your parents are in Australia for the next month, Narnia needs us."

______________________________________________________________________________

"Hey Narnia, I'm on a plane straight to Brighton, I'll be there in about 2 hours, ok?"

"Asgard? What about Gallifrey, where's he?"

"Nar, you need to calm down. He can't make it. He called me to say that I need to come over"

Lets just say, Narnia did not live in a happy household. Her mother walked out on her and her father when she was 8. An hour after she walked out, they got a call from the hospital, saying she had died in a car accident and that they had done everything they could to save her. It still wasn't enough.

Since then, Narnia's father became an abusive alcoholic. Luckily, the injuries had never been too serious. But, they had been serious enough for her to need to call her friends who live in different timezones.

______________________________________________________________________________

Two hours later, and Asgard was on his way to what they called 'Narnia's Safehouse', the treehouse they built when they first met. Because it was closer to Narnia's house, it was her job to keep it stocked with food, movies, and blankets.

They originally called it 'The Ghost House' because Nina and Gallifrey thought it was haunted. But who can blame them? Narnia was 5 and Gallifrey was 6.

Now, they were all grown up. Too old for haunted treehouses, too old for playdates and sleepovers in the treehouse. And yet too young for abuse, alcoholism, all of this adult stuff. So they changed it. Repainted it, redecorated it, changed everything about it. And it became Narnia's Safehouse.

______________________________________________________________________________

It was two months later, Asgard had visited and gone back home, Narnia had recovered. But, then they both got a call from a hospital in Chicago. Gallifrey had been drugged at a party and left on the streets. So, they both flew over to visit him in hospital. He recovered, they flew home, and everyone was fine again. Every month, they flew to each others houses, alternating who's they would go to, checking up on each other, making sure they weren't getting into too much trouble.

______________________________________________________________________________

It was another two years until they had their next incident, the one none of them ever recovered from. The incident that broke their group. The incident that stopped their world.

______________________________________________________________________________

"Hello, is this Asgard Pellegrini?"

"Yes, that's me."

"This is the Royal Alexandria Children's Hospital. We've called to inform you that your friend, Narnia Holmes, was just admitted to the hospital"

"Oh my god, what happened to her? Is she ok? Please tell me she's ok!"

"Sir, we currently cannot confirm anything. We need you to come to the hospital as soon as possible, please."

"I'll be on the next plane over."

"Hello, is this Gallifrey Coover?"

"Yup, who is this?"

"This is the Royal Alexandria Children's Hospital. We have called to inform you that your friend, Narnia Holmes, has just been admitted to our hospital."

"Narnia?! No, oh god please not Narnia. Is she ok? What happened to her?"

"Sir, we can't tell you anything at the moment. Do you know a young man by the name of Asgard Pellegrini?"

"Yeah, he's our best friend."

"Great, we've already called him and he's on his way over."

"Ok, that's good."

"Sir, we need you to come over to the hospital as soon as possible."

"I'll be on the next plane."

10 hours later, and the boys had both arrived at the hospital to see Narnia. They had been told that they could see her soon. 'Soon' had come and gone and they were still sat in the waiting room, all brightly coloured, with blues, yellows, greens, red, all sorts of colours surrounding them. Everything the exact opposite of the way they were feeling.

It was another three hours until they saw her, all battered and bruised, hooked up to numerous machines. According to the doctors, her father had beaten her up too hard and she wasn't responding when a neighbour called an ambulance for her.

"Asgard, Gallifrey? She's woken up, you can come see her now."

"Hey Nar," whispered Asgard. "How ya feeling?"

"Horrible" she croaked. Gallifrey was in a chair on the other side of her, silent tears streaming down his face.

"Asgard, could you leave the room for a minute?" Gallifrey choked out.

"Sure" He replied, patting Gallifrey on the back as he left.

"Nar, I have something to tell you." He said. "I...I... Narnia, I love you. And I'm sorry if you don't feel the same way, but I just needed to tell you because I love you Narnia Mia Holmes."

As he confessed, her heart beat sped up and made the machine go haywire, right before it flatlined, announcing her death.

"Narnia? NARNIA NO! NARNIA YOU CAN'T DO THIS, NO!", Gallifrey screamed as he was dragged out of the room by Asgard, kicking and screaming, wanting the girl he loved back. Doctors and Nurses crowded around her lifeless body, blocking their view of her.

"I didn't even get to say goodbye" whispered Gallifrey. "I just want her back."

But that was not going to happen. Narnia was dead, and she was not coming back. And it changed them all, forever.