Hot Mask Dude

Drip. Drip. Drip.

I close my eyes as I listen to the soft dripping of rain onto the sidewalk. A cool drop hits my nose, slowly sliding off of my face. I could probably get jumped, standing on a deserted walk in Hell's Kitchen, but I feel like I need to wait for something...

Footsteps.

My eyes quickly open as I look around for whoever is going to try to attack me. I listen closely and notice that there are two sets of boots running closer to me from behind, but when I turn around, I see nothing. Looking around, I stop to listen, confused when I spot two shadowy figures jump down from a building from the corner of my eye. I prepare for a fight before realizing that the people haven't noticed me, and they both seem pretty beat up, like they've been locked in battle for a while.

My suspicions are confirmed when one pulls out a knife--seemingly out of nowhere-- and swings at the other. Shadows cover their faces, but I can tell that the man being swung at has on a black mask that covers most of his face. As the masked man dodges the swipe, I move closer to get a better look; despite my better judgment, and see that the man's mask covers his eyes.

The fuck, how can he see...

I realize much too late that I spoke out loud when the mens heads snap towards me. I don't bother to keep the profanities to myself as knife dude starts walking towards me.

"Look man, I don't want any trouble here, I can just leave and--" I stay still for a few moments, staring at the man no longer holding a knife. "DID YOU JUST THROW A FUCKING KNIFE AT ME?!--AGAIN?! REALLY?! YOU MUST REALLY WANT ME TO BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF YOU NOW YOU LITTLE-DICKED DONKEY FU--"

Before I can finish, the man in the mask kicks knife-fucker in the back, effectively drawing his attention away from me. I silently cheer but my celebration is cut short when limp dick knife prick cuts my savior across the chest, causing his shirt to rip open and--oh, mask dude is kind of hot...

"Get away", the kind of hot mask guy hisses, throwing a sloppy punch towards knife asshole. I start to back away, deciding that I can die another night, but I have the gut feeling that I should stay, so I duck into an alley while the men aren't looking. This is a really stupid idea, I tell myself, but they do say you should always follow your gut...unless it's on the fucking ground because you were sliced open by a psycho trying to kill an attractive masked man...

I weigh out the nonexistent pros and long list of cons on what would happen if I stay, casually ignoring the oddly pleasing groans and hisses presumably coming from mask guy, but as I turn to leave again, everything goes silent. I skeptically step out of the alley, ready to kick someone in the balls with my combat boots, but the men are gone. I let out a breath of relief, but I go stiff when I hear a groan come from a trash can.

I move towards it, knowing that this is always how people get killed in horror movies, but hey, I might as well just keep making bad decisions tonight, right? Plus, the trashcan is where I belong, so whoever is over there is on my territory. I slowly peer behind my home and my eyes widen when I see the mask dude... bleeding...a lot...

"Fucking shit! You...you...WHY DID YOU THINK IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO FIGHT A DUDE WITH KNIVES?! WITH A MASK COVERING YOUR EYES! IN THE DARK! ON A DESERTED STREET! IN HELL'S FUCKING KITCHEN!! DOES THE NAME NOT MAKE YOU THINK THAT MAYBE IT'S NOT A GREAT PLACE TO BE?! HOLY HELL AND NOW I HAVE TO HELP YOU AND SHIT BECAUSE I GUESS THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE DO! DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS, BECAUSE I SURE AS HELL DON'T..."

Chills go up my spine when he doesn't't respond.

I take a step closer. "Bleeding man behind a trashcan?" When I got no response, I panic, but calm down and thank myself for actually working out as I carefully lift the man up and put him in the convenient abandoned grocery cart by the telephone pole.

Just kidding. I don't work out. And there was no convenient grocery cart.

Fuck.