Chapter 2.

Theresa's phone started to ring on the train. The old woman sitting next to her shot her a look of annoyance.

"Tessa here," she answered.

"Theresa darling, how are you doing? How's the story coming along?" the loud and high-pitched voice of Fran came through.

"Well Fran, you just gave me the assignment yesterday," she said. "I still have to find a person, and set up an interview."

"Oh, okay. Well I was hoping you already had the basis of it." she sighed. "One of the pieces died, and it left a full page empty. I was hoping to publish yours for next week's edition. But if you don't have anything yet—" she paused. "I mean I could give you till the end of the day, and if you still have nothing I'll take the burden off you and give the piece to someone else."

"No Fran, that won't be necessary!" she said louder, the woman huffed and shook her head. "I— I'm sure I'll find somebody by the end of the day!"

"Fantastic!" Fran's cheerful tone came back. "I'll talk to you then, buh-bye." Then she hung up.

Shoot.

***

Enzo was walking down the street. Just like Tessa before him, his cellphone started to ring. He pulled it out and picked up.

"Go for Enzo."

"Go for Enzo?!" Theresa mocked before bursting into laughter. "Who says that?"

"Did you called me to make fun of how I pick up the phone? If that's the case, I'll hang up."

"Wait!" Tessa yelled. "I need a favor."

"What?"

"Fran, my editor, asked me to find a random stranger and write a piece about them. But right now, I'm going to a job interview for the Iron Towers Newspaper, and I must have a person for the end of the day. So, could you keep an eye open for me?"

"Of course, I'm going to the bank right now. I'm sure that I'll find someone interesting there." He stopped at the white marble entrance of the bank.

"Enzo, you're a life saver. Thank you!"

"I'll keep you posted."

His steps echoed through the high ceilings of the establishment. There were no more than five people inside. He walked up to the lady on the counter.

"Hi, good morning."

"Hello, how can I help you?"

"I'm planning on opening a restaurant, and I need a loan. Do you know where I could apply?" he asked.

"Oh, well. We'll be needing a business plan, and we'll need a guarantee that you'll pay back." She pulled out a two-page document with all the requirements. "Just fill in your application and we'll get back to you."

"Fantastic! Thank you." Enzo took the file from the counter and started to walk away.

He was walking down the stairs when he bumped into a guy who was running out of the bank in a hurry; he was wearing a thick jacket and underneath it a well fitted suit. In his hands, he was carrying a thick file. They crashed into each other, and the stranger's papers flew out of his hands.

"No, no, no, no, no." He murmured while he picked up the papers. Enzo helped him. The guy muttered a small thank you and kept running down the stairs.