Weakness Part 2

"Need any help?" asked Violet walking up to Grover while they were all split up looking for insulin for Leshean. "Not from you." he replied harshly continuing what he was previously doing while remembering whose side she was on. "I'm sorry I voted with Barrett." she said. "You voted against Mary." he countered. "And someday, I'll explain why I did what I did." she added mysteriously. "You know, if you feel so bad about it, tell me now." Grover said. She shook her head. "I can't." she said. "Violet, you know Barrett. He doesn't give a crap about anyone but himself." he tried to reason with her. "Trust me, I know firsthand how low Barrett can be." Violet said remembering his words suddenly. 'We all have our crosses to bear.'  "Yet you decided to vote with him." Grover accused breaking her out of her stupor. "Stop! He made me vote for him." she said. Grover scoffed. "Made you? I was there.
He didn't make you do anything." he said. "There are other ways to force people to do what you want." Violet said back. "So he has something on you." Grover wouldn't admit it but he was worried about Violet. "I can't say. You Don't worry about it." she said. "I don't know why I expect anything more from you. We've known each other less than a week. You don't owe me anything, and you didn't know Mary." Grover said pushing the worry for her aside. "Grover, it's not that simple-" Violet started but Grover cut her off. "It is that simple! You had a choice to protect yourself, or to let somebody else get hurt. And you chose wrong." Grover said running away from her.

"Well, if it's yours, why are we checking it?" Nik asked Grover after a short conversation with him about Mary. Noodle was back with Leshean because, mad at him or not, he was still his best friend. "It's not mine." Grover said fumbling with the lock. He opened the locker and the inside was decorated with pictures of Harry Potter, some musicians Nik had never heard of, and pictures of Mary and her friends. The one that really stood out was one of her and Grover right in the middle. "Look, I know this is harsh, but we don't have time for a pity party right now. We got to find insulin." Nik said pulling Grover away from the locker. "You go look down there, I'll finish up here, okay?" Nik said pointing down the hall. He nodded and ran around the corner. Nik looked back at the locker and pulled the picture of Grover and Mary off the locker door and folded it putting it in her back pocket before shutting the locker and continuing on her search for insulin for her brother.

"Noodle, I'm dying." Leshean said laying on the couch in the lobby. "Nobody's dying." Noodle said.

Nik walked back to the lobby just in time to see Leshean drop his water on the floor. There was a loud shattering noise and Noodle started picking up the pieces of glass. "Hey..." Nik said and Noodle looked up with a sad face that seemed to brighten a little when she showed up. Nik picked up another glass off the table next to Leshean "I'll get him more." "Nik..." Nik spun around when she heard Leshean talk. "Yeah?" she asked walking next to him and leaning down careful to not touch the glass shards still all over the floor. "I'm I'm sorry..." Leshean started grabbing her hand. "I didn't want anything to change that's why...that's why I never wanted you around...I'm so sorry." Nik smiled "it's fine now rest." Noodle smiled seeing his best friend and girlfriend make up. Nik walked off with the glass to the bathroom.

While she was filling it the door freaked open and Nik saw the silhouette of one annoying Barrett in the doorway. "This is the girls' bathroom." Nik said through gritted teeth. "I know.
If you were doing anything but getting water for LeSean, I'd give you your privacy." Barrett said as Nik went back to what she was doing. "I know things about you." Barrett said walking over to her.
"That's not creepy at all." Nik replied sarcastically. "Yeah, we're not talking about me." Nik said turning to see he had stepped closer. Now they were basically chest to chest. Nik backed up towards the door. "I know things about you that I doubt your little Noodle knows." Barrett said and Nik ran out the door but Barrett stopped her by blocking her way out with his arms on either side of her head and her back to a wall. "What do you want?" Nik spat at Barrett. He just chuckled. "You." he said simply with a smirk. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her to him. She dropped the glass in her hand and it shattered against the floor. "Get off me!" she yelled and him and tried to shove him to no avail. "Noodle! Help!" Nik screamed at the top of her lungs almost positive Noodle would hear. "Now you've done it!" Barrett said putting his hand over her mouth. "Nmphmmhhp!" she tried yelling for Noodle again.