Trapped Part 1

Previously on Freakish
"I got bit."
"Grover will do anything he can to save her."
"That's exactly why we can't trust him."

————————————————————————

Nik pulled out her phone as She stood in front of the mirror in the girl's bathroom. She pressed record. "Um, my battery is almost out, so I'm making this message for Mom and-and Leshean if you ever get over being mad at me and make it out of this. It's been two days. We're still trapped in the school. There's no sign of help. We don't know who's out there. We haven't made contact with anyone yet. We're doing our best, but I don't know how long we can last. Leashean, I'm sorry for whatever I did that made you hate me so much. Mom what can I say? I guess I'm just a disappointment. I mean the whole reason I was even at school on a Saturday was because I got myself another detention.
I just thought you should know that I do love you."

"Noodle, are you insane?"Leshean said walking into the gym where Noodle was shooting hoops with Nik watching on the front row of the bleachers wearing his Jersey. "I'm going crazy, man." Noodle replied and Nik smiled. She liked when the two boys got along mainly because They usually did when she wasn't in the picture. "I just need normal." he added. "You're shooting bricks. Looks pretty normal to me." Leshean said laughing.
"Oh, really? Think so? Come on, one time. Let's run it, me and you. I'm about to break your ankles." Noodle said badgering Leshean. Nik giggled earning a smile from Noodle shot in her direction and a glare from Leshean which she ignored.
"This is not the time, bro." Leshean said seriously and began bickering back and forth before they ended up playing one on one.

"Beginner's luck." Noodle said to Leshean as he beat him at the game. "I'll see you in an hour." Leshean said back shaking his head. "What you mean? We're not done." Noodle asked. "Gotta go check on Zoey." Leshean replied and Nik rolled her eyes.
"Oh, so my love's not good enough for you?" Noodle asked making a missy face at him and Nik laughed. Leshean ran out of the room and Nik walked over to a sulking Noodle. "Hey... If it makes yu feel any better, you're good enough for me." she said sweetly and Noodle smiled hugging her around her shoulders as she did the same around his waist. "I gotta go to the locker room to change...you comin?" Noodle asked and Nik laughed. "Nice try" she smirked and he pouted. "I'm gonna go see what everyone else is up to." she said before kissing him on the cheek and leaving with his Jersey still on."I'm never getting that back am I?" Noodle called after her. "Nope." she replied.

Nik walked down the hallway in search of everyone else when she heard growling and running. She ducked into the teachers lounge. She heard the door open and grabbed a metal pole off the floor next to her holding up as She jumped up and swung it towards her unsuspecting victim. "Whoa!" said someone jumping out of the way. "Grover." Nik sighed in relief."I thought you were that.What was that?" she said and he sighed. "It was Mary.
She's turned. Come on."

"And there's five seconds left in the game. The inbound pass to Deveraux. He passes it to Noodle.
Can Noodle do it? For the title.
Can it be?" Noodle continued to shoot hoops after Nik left.

"Everyone grab a weapon." said Barrett as diesel placed a bucket full of them on the floor. Nik stuck with her metal pole. Everyone was deciding where they should look who like Nik looked around the room. Eight. Were missing one. "Noodle!" she cried out in fright. "he's in the gym!" Leshan added. "He doesn't know." Nik heard them say something else but ignored them before racing towards the gym.

"Looks clear." Violet said to Barrett as they walked down a hallway. "We can't trust Grover." Barrett says abrundantly. "Not anymore. He cares too much."
"Isn't that why we should trust him?" Violet asked and Barrett scoffed thinking of the papers Nik had given him. "Don't go bleeding heart on me. It's not like you." he said. "You don't know me." she replied defensively. "I know enough.
Don't worry, neither one of us are saints." he said. "And what is that supposed to mean?" she asked and he just chuckled before they heard a loud bang.
"Okay. Stay close." Barrett said to her. "Who's saving who?" she asked. "whom. Saving whom."

"Noodle!" Nik yelled. "Are you insane?" Zoey yelled after her. "Shut up." she yelled back.
"Noodle!" she yelled again. "Shut up." Leshean said this time.
"Why don't you start handing out menus?" Zoey asked bitterly. There was a loud banging and Nik ran through the door of the boys locker room, the other that were behind her nowhere to be found. "Noodle?" she asked quietly walking over to his locker. It was dented and there was blood all over the place. It was fresh. There was a loud rattling sound. Nik held out her pole and walke ovr one set of lockers. Nothing. The sound got louder. She turned and looked at a window on the other side of the wall away from the lockers before hearing snarling and grotesque sounds of tearing and liquid. She turned and let out a strangled cry as she stared down at the mangled body before her with Mary leaning over chewing, tearing and ripping out guts, blood covering the floor and the tips of Niks shoes.