Chapter 19: I Started My Journey to Magic School

Finally!

The moment for my school debut had arrived!

Everybody at home were excited for Sean and I. Mother even had the maids triple-check our luggage for necessary items to the point that Father and Shaine-nii were forced to intervene. I gave them grateful looks while Sean sighed in relief. Man, their intervention was timely too. If not for them, our carriage would have become a baggage carrier rather than a coach to bring the three of us to school. And when I say three of us, I mean myself, Sean and Butler Rei.

Upon gaining permission from his family, it was decided that Rei would come with us to school. After all, it would be a shame for him to decline the scholarship offer that St. Regulus gave him just because he now has a secure job and future. Although, it really is a pity that my image of him would forever be tainted.

When I informed him about Rei's identity and my misgivings as to his character description in the game, Sean gave me a resigned look that says I don't know what to do with you anymore. Not understanding the reason for his reaction, I pouted at him and grumbled about unsupporting brothers and went to Shaine-nii to complain. Anyways, since he was also going to school, it was decided that he would come with us. Rei was actually going to decline but Father just said, "Just treat is as training. As my daughter's future slave - ahem - servant, you are supposed to accompany her everywhere and be able to anticipate her needs. So, by going to school together, you can get to know my children so as to best learn how to do your job in the future."

And with that, Rei was made to accompany us to school. Though grateful, I still glared at Father. Really, saying that Butler Rei would be my future slave is too much. Hiring the guy was just an impulse caused by past life knowledge, y'know. I didn't even thought that my offer would be accepted. Even my brother is being unfair when I told him about it. What am I? Some sort of diabolical agent of mayhem bent on gathering minions in order to cause chaos? As if! That would just be troublesome and would cost to much effort on my part.

Ah well, back to the matter at hand. Today is the day the three of us will set out towards the school dormitories. Just like with Cousin Liam, everyone in the household sent us off by the manor gates. It would have been heartwarming if not for Father crying and muttering about me being surrounded by hungry uncouth wolves. The man even had the gall to say that he would use his position to make Shaine-nii usurp the principal's position. Thankfully, the man himself managed to stop Father from committing a crime by saying that I would be well protected by Sean. He was careful not to make any mention of Leon, Liam and Chris. He even added that if need be, Rei could be induced to wear the female uniform so he could be my roommate as an added protection.

Sigh... the poor guy stiffened when he heard this. Taking pity on him, I gave him an encouraging smile and told him that Shaine-nii was just kidding. After all, no matter how feminine he looks, it would cause a stir if the school finds out that he crossdressed in order to live in the girls' dormitory.

However, far from being comforted, Rei paled and began to shiver before turning to Sean with a pleading look on his face. Sean said, "Don't worry you won't be forced to do it. You're Mari's future butler after all. And as a butler, your training does not include crossdressing."

Rei gave a sigh of relief before scooting a little bit away from me. It was as if he was afraid that I would suddenly force him to dress like a girl. I wonder why?

Seeing my bewilderment, Sean eyed me in disbelief before saying, "You essentially just said that your only concern about having him dress up as a maid is the ruckus that would happen if he was discovered. Basically, you really would have him do it if it would not result into to trouble."

Eh? Did I? In order to placate my brother and reassure Butler Rei, I said, "Ah, what I meant was there's no reason for Rei to turn into a maid. It would be disturbing after all. My image of him would surely be totally ruined if I allowed that to happen." Though my image of him has already been damaged. I thought to myself.