0.1

I hate paper.  

To be more precise, I hate paper cuts. They're like little devil horns that cut into your skin for no apparent reason, maybe they just hate the fact that people are killing their mothers; trees are the mothers of paper. I'm pretty sure they are. 

 "Are you going to sit there all day and look like someone killed a puppy?"  I looked up and glared at my best friend. Juno grinned back at me and took another sip from her hot chocolate. Her friend, Elliot, on the other hand, was enjoying a de-cafe and glanced at me in amusement.

I still don't understand why he drinks coffee, its horrid to me.      

"No...," I answered slowly, and looked down when I started fiddling with my finger, on the finger that got cut, it was rimmed with a small amount of scarlet liquid, which I frowned at. "Paper is evil." 

 "You two will get on just fine then, Miss Picky," Juno grumbled and flicked a marshmallow at me. I grinned and picked up the fluffy, sugar-filled goodness and bit a chunk off. I placed my hand out and waited for her to put a marshmallow or two on it, but when she didn't I pouted and she smirked. "No marshmallow for you," she said maniacally, I don't know how but she always had a way of doing that evil little voice I hear in my nightmares. 

 I let my hand fall back onto my lap and glared at her while she waved the mini marshmallow pack in front of my face. I tried to grab for it but she stuffed it in the pocket of her leather jacket and stuck her tongue out at me. 

  I narrowed my eyes at her, and she returned it with a bemused grin. "Juno!" I whined. "Give me a marshmallow!"  

She shook her head and chuckled obnoxiously. I pursed my lips and Elliot laughed along with Juno. "Do you seriously want a marshmallow?"

I sent him a sarcastic look "No, I just want to adore her fabulous attire."  

Juno choked on her own spit at that. Yeah, I am never one to ogle at someone's clothes. Especially Juno, no offense to her. She would normally wear some loose fitted tee with tights and a leather jacket. Relatively comfortable, but I don't understand her favoritism towards it, eh.

I patted Juno's back, seeing as she was sat right next to me, while Elliot sat on the other side of the table. "See, this is what happens when you refuse to give me marshmallows," Juno narrowed her eyes at me, grey eyes sparkled with annoyance and a hint of friendliness. Yes, even the great Juno Turner can be almost nice.

"My lord, can you two get on well for one second?" Elliot questioned, I shook my head, and looked at Juno, her blue dyed hair was tied in the messiest bun I'd ever seen, but she didn't seem to care about the looks people in the store sent her.  

That's just Juno I guess - a punk with cotton candy highlights. Very terrifying - very.   

Juno took a quick look around her and made a face, "God, all these people are jealous of my heavenly hair. Will they stop staring?" She shouted the last bit and everyone turned away, coughing and pretending to drink coffee. I giggled and Elliot grinned.  

"I'm surrounded by idiots," he scoffed which earned him a punch from Juno, I beamed at them and shook my head, before I glanced out the window by the booth we sat in.  

I'm the one surrounded by idiots, not him. Well, and not Juno; she'd murder me if I called her an idiot, but she might just pummel me to pulp other than crush me like a bug, maybe best friends has its own benefits?  

Who knows, well Juno does. But even if I do try and ask her, she'll just change the subject or say some weird pun or sarcastic comment. I guess some mysteries are better left unsolved, or just left for another time.