Chapter 28: Loud & Clear!

Start from the beginning

Our roles were exchanged. Gone was the cocky, funny, easy going Chrissy. It looked like an alarm crossed her face. But she was still worried about my test.
But I think negative is the right sign.
"What do you plan on doing Chrissy? You're keeping it right?" I asked.

She looked at me with a blank expression. "I don't know" she said very innocently like that's an answer.

"Are you going to even tell Mark?" This time she stared at me. Of course, she hadn't planned anything. "Why oh why Chrissy. Stop thinking now. You should've thought about it earlier. I only told you both could go for a date. Not to go get knocked up..." I stopped when I looked at her expression. She was almost about to cry. No no... not good. "It's ok... we'll see what we can do. Okay? I'm going to be there with you honey, no matter anyone's supporting you or not! Okay...?" I asked. "Okay?!" I screamed again and this time she nodded with a brave face on. "And-" I got interrupted by my phone.

'Arrogant Asshole!'

Ugh! Oh god! This man just won't stop! "What Nick?" I snapped as soon as I picked the call.

"I'm sending someone there. Just get in the car as soon as he arrives. No questions asked! And get in only if you know the person." He actually snapped back at me in his no non-sense voice and cut the call. He wouldn't talk to me that way if it wasn't serious. Or was he pranking me? There nothing left between us to prank about, so after all I guess he was being serious.

Suddenly the tension between me and Nick came back to remind me so that I stay away from him. And that suddenly brought back the tears into my eyes, but I held them. At least not now with Chrissy, when she's in an even more vulnerable state than me.
"Now come on. Nick just called and he's going to send someone to pick us up." I said grinning at her a bit, so she'll be excited to come there.

"Oh... I thought I'll stay the night here. It's ok you go... we'll catchup sometime later." She said with a hint of smile.

"That's not happening. You're coming and that's final." I tried using her usual chirpy voice. She smiled then came to sit on the sofa as she leaned onto it. I sat next to her looking at her state.

See... this is what men do. Leave a girl at her most vulnerable state. Never thought Mark would be that guy. The shy guy I saw at my wedding has actually broken one of my friend's heart. I won't really blame her if she won't ever tell him... whether she'll abort or keep it without him knowing. That's not the matter. She's not even comfortable sharing a feeling with him. A decision with him. A decision that she has to take for which he was also responsible. I feel like I'm going all 'women rights' over this issue.

But her situation just makes me think about mine. I can't even imagine telling Nick. Thankfully it was negative. He freaked when I actually joked about a baby. He'll shoot me in the eye if I'll even utter the word 'baby' again.

By the time I was done with my thoughts, I heard a car honk outside my house. Chrissy was happily sleeping but I shook her awake.
I gave her a smile.... "should I leave?" She asked with a yawn.

"No... you should come along. I can't leave you like this." I said picking the suitcase that I hadn't really unpacked when I came back.

"No... it's ok. I'll stay here" she whispered, and I gave her a glare that said she's coming with me.

I know why she doesn't want to come. Mark is going to be there.
She grumbled but somehow managed to pull herself together. We both went out up to the car, and I hoped it wasn't Mark who came to pick us. Neither did I want that person to be Nick. And thankfully it wasn't either of them. I heard a sigh of relief from Christina. Silly girl!