Chapter 5- He's My Ex

And so, we headed to a boat, where I was sitting beside Kakashi.

"Wow! It's huge!" Naruto shouted as I punched him.

"Be quiet!" I hissed angrily as he pouted, rubbing his head. "We're conceiled by the fog for a reason you idiot!"

Naruto then covered his mouth and shut up.

"Mr. Tazuna," Kakashi said. "Before we reach the pier I want to ask you something. The man who are after you, I need to know why? If you don't tell us, I'm afraid I'll have to end this mission when we drop you ashore."

"I have no choise but to tell you... no, I want you to know the truth. Like you said this is beyond the scope of the original mission. The man that seeks me is a very short man, who casts a very long and deadly shadow. You may have heard of him, his name is Gato."

I looked at him interested.

"Gato you say?" I said smiling.

I might see Zabuza!!

The rest of the way, Tazuna explained about how Gato wanted him dead because of the bridge.

Once we FINALLY arrived, we went through the forrest. The idiot thought it would be fun to throw kunais around, until he finally got something... a rabbit. Of course, I was grinning. Zabuza!

"GET DOWN!" I said happily as the sword went exactly were Tazuna was just a second before, and got stuck in a tree. I watched as Zabuza landed standing perfectly in it.

"Well well, if it isn't Zabuza Momochi, roughe ninja from the village hidden in thee mist" Kakashi said.

"Zabu-kun!" I said, completely forgetting about my team. He's here. After all these time.

"K-Kaori?" He said wide-eyed.

"I've been waiting so long for this," I sais, still smiling as I took out a katana from my conbat boot. "Bastard!"

Zabuza's eyes widened as he quickly got his sword to protect himself.

"Why did you do it?!" I yelled as I swung without mercy.

"It was an order! I couldn't-"

"You could've told me!" I disagreed as I swung once again.

"I couldn't tell you!" He exclaimed, swinging aswell.

"Do you know how much I suffered? My only real friend! The only one who didn't lika me just because of my Kekkei Genkai, and you ruined it! You totally screwed everything up!"

"Kaori calm down," Zubuza muttered. "I couldn't tell you I was about to kill your family-"

I stopped, and even though I felt unbearable pain in my leg, where Zabuza had cut, I just stared at him.

"Tell me-?" I felt actul tears. "I don't care about that!"

Zabuza looked at me shocked. Damn him! I just never got over it. This is not cool I shuoldn't cry! Emotionless people don't cry you stupid brain!

"What do you mean? What are you talking about then?" he asked confused.

"You didn't tell me you where leaving!" I told him. What is wrong with him?

"So... you where worried about why I left... not why I killed your whole clan?" he aked, looking at me as if I was the stupid one.

"Somebody was going to kill my clan sooner or later," I said, looking away. "They where all self-sentered and cocky. My own parents ignored me, and said I was a weak little girl. Huh. If the saw me now... I cared about you Zabu-kun! We where dating at that time remember?"

"I do remember," he said with a soft voice, "How could I forget?... Why are you with leaf ninja?"

I tensed. Shit...lhe signañ! I let my heair out of the ponytail, and brushed it with my fingers 3 times. I saw recognition flash across his eyes, and his hand twitched, showing me he understood. That's our signal for incognito. He now knoew I'm on a mission.

"I escaped," I said in a fake sad voice. "I finally did it... made it to Konoha..."

"How-?"

"Made them trust me," damn, he hasn't forgotten his acting skills. "A little help from my Kekkei Genkai, and finally they sent me on a mission with two others. I ran away after fighting them. I made enough damage to run a bit before they followed."

"Do they want you back?" he asked following my lead.

"Of course they do," I said sadly. "Probably hunt me down later..."

"So, I'm against you?" he said finally.

"I'm actually tired," I said smiling. "Kakashi!"

I got back to my team as Kakashi fought Zabuza.

"I have to explore around a bit," I said to the genins who where protecting Tazuna.

I quickly looked for him. Where is he... THERE!

"HAKUUUU!" I yelled grinning.

"Kaori-san!" Haku said as I hugged him. So yeah, I actually like a midget! A deathly midget. My team has no chance... maye I can actually end my mision against them... they might kill Kakashi!

"Gotta get back!" I said grinning sheepishly. "I'll see ya kid! Take care of Zabu-kun!"

"I will," he said determined, making me mess his hair before appearing with my team.

Wait! Kakashi had his kunai at Zabuza's neck. I was doumfounded. Wow, he does know how to use the Sharingan! Oh... but it's a clone... idiots. I rested in the floor boredly, when I heard water aproach.

"Nekko Jutsu!" I shouted, and feeling the familiar cat ears, sharp canines and tail. I jumped high in a tree, hissing at the water. Who the hell-?

I looked at the fight to see Kakashi actually had beaten Zabuza. For real this time. Haku you better show up! I can't mess my mission, not even for Zabuza.

A needle made Zabuza go unconsious and I sighted, relieved. I jumped and landed in all fours, sitting down like... well, like cat's do. My tail was moving side-by-side as Haku took Zabuza away. I need to congratulate that kid. That was awesome.

I closed my eyes, until I go the feeling I was being looked at.

"What?" I snapped at th five people watching me.

"Kaori-sensei, don't freak out... but... you're a cat!" Naruto said shocked.

"I know that," I said rolling my eyes. I liked my still bleeding wound, and watched as it instantly closed up.

I transformed back and sighed.

"You do know Zabuza is alive right?" I muttered annoyed.

"WHAT?"

"Seriusly? Anbu kill right on the spot. Even my non-existent dog could've figured it out."

Kakashi sweatdropped as the others had different reactions. I smirked amused. Poor kids... Poor drunk dude!