Epilogue

"Dad!" I exclaimed excitedly before jumping into his arms.

"Hello sweetie!" He said smiling and giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Mom!" I said also embracing her in a tight hug.

"I take it you missed us?" She chuckled wholeheartedly.

"Is your boyfriend here?" My dad asked.

"Yeah he went to get the plates." I said leading them to the kitchen where Mori was. He was at the counter nervously tapping the top of the counter.

"So you're the amazing Mori huh?" My mom said with a friendly smile.

He nodded and you could see the nervous sweat clinging to his face.

My dad chuckled and patted his back.

"We don't bite son!" He said before sitting down at the lounge table.

Mori let out a nervous laugh and stiffly walked to the table.

"It'll be fine they already like you." I whispered.

His shoulders fell back into their relaxed state and soon he wasn't as nervous.

"So y/n dear we came here today because we have some news to tell you, but it seems you guys have beat us to the punch!" My mom laughed pointing to the huge engagement ring on my finger.

"Oh that's new!" My dad also laughed.

I saw Mori sinking into his chair and I softly hit his arm to get his attention.

"Well we were going to announce that Akira and Masa proposed a marriage between the two of you, and we figured before agreeing to it we would ask you first but it seems we were a little late." Dad said smiling.

"It seems so! Mori would you like to say anything?" I asked turning to him, hoping to squeeze a few words out.

"I'm sorry for not asking for your...blessing I planned it out and I just kinda spit it out so the initial plan didn't go as planned." He said slightly mumbling.

"We aren't old fashioned like that! If y/n Is happy we're happy!" They smiled.

"So Masa and I went over some things, and we decided on the color palette, Baby pink, and Burgundy!" My mom said pulling a file folder from her bag.

"So you've already decided?" I asked chuckling.

"We're willing to change if we like the colors you pick. Oh! Speaking of Masa they should be here by now shouldn't they?" Mom asked looking at her watch.

"Sorry we're late, Satoshi insisted on grabbing some greasy fast food!" Mori's dad said chuckling.

"Sorry dad." Satoshi mumbled.

"Hello dear!" My mom and Mori's mom said in unison.

Mom got up, and met Masa's open arms in a hug.

"You two are close." Mori said.

"So he does speak at a normal volume!" My dad joked.

Mori flushed, and simply nodded his head.

"Son don't be so bashful, this is your future father in law!" Akira said sitting next to my dad chuckling.

"And mother in law!" Masa and mom said.

"Ah yes!"

"Hi y/n!" Satoshi said giving me a big crooked smile.

"Hi Satoshi!" I said returning a smile.

"So what's on the menu?" Akira asked.

"Starting we have a Caesar salad, and the main dish is Miso glazed black cod, with sauteed mushrooms!" I said excitedly.