1

"Fuck.." the soft moans that fell from my lips filled the room entirely as the movement of my hips continued in its back and forth motion. This intimate series of events was being shared with someone I've only know for hours.
Once the deed was over, I rested motionlessly beside him, steadying my breathing and gathering my smarts before sitting up, reaching for the pile of my clothes on the floor , sliding them on swiftly before walking toward the door.
"Fun." I chuckled, glancing at him as he drags his large hands down the perimeter of his face, swiping away what I presume to be sweat and my saliva.
      "Gone so soon?" He speaks huskily, tiredly, shutting his eyes as I slip my slim arms into my jacket, zipping it up all the way to my neck, pulling my hood over my head.
      "I have work. See you around, kid." And that was it.
       The gust of wind in the 2am air of New Jersey hit my face the moment I stepped outside. I reached in my back pocket for a joint i pre-rolled , tucking it between my lips with the lighter to follow, taking one long pull. As the smoke fills my mouth whole fully , I rake my fingers through my silky pitch black hair.
Somehow I managed get myself home, going through two blunts in the process. All that went through my mind was my strong desire for a shower and sleep.
Upon arriving home, I stripped out of the clothes I wore, stepping into the shower feeling the steaming water against my skin, dragging my fingers effortlessly over the scars of my past , washing my hair and my body before stepping out, drying off and sliding into bed.
There wasn't a night that I didn't lay awake to think about my mom or everything I've lost and had to leave behind. I missed her. And I missed my old life. But it was no use now.

       I woke up that next more early. The sound of my uncle pacing in the hallway caused me to push myself out of bed, pulling my panties over my hips and ass, sliding on some sweats and an oversided hoodie.
"Goodmorning, unc." I greeted, flashing a small grin before patting his back , jogging down the steps.
        "Sobrina, why you always stay out so late, ah?" He asks, his boots thumping against each step as he makes his way down behind me.
        "Ay, tío I'm a big girl now. You don't have to worry about me." And indeed I was. A 19 year old who could "handle" herself.
I opened the refrigerator, grabbing bottle of green tea carrying it back up to my room. I shared a room with my uncle's eldest and only daughter, Simoné. My aunt left early for work this morning and Simoné was at school.
        I had to work in a few hours, changing into my uniform with my name tag that read , Blue, in cursive. My mother had a wild imagination, yes I'm aware.
        "Just make sure you call me, mija. If you're gonna be late. I don't need to be worrying about you." My uncle says on his way out after kissing the side of my head. "Don't smoke too much today neither, little girl."
We both let out a string of laughter before i follow him out the front door, taking my meds and grabbing my book bag walking to work. Yes, I walked.
        It gave me time to think. And of course to smoke before work. I kept it tucked between my lips, taking large pulls at a time, exhaling through my nose, flicking it onto the ground before walking into the department store where i worked.
         I counted down the hours I had left until my shift was over, and when it finally was, I had no idea what I'd do for the rest of the evening. My phone vibrated in its place in my back pocket. Sliding it out with an easy hand, I pressed the answer button. The calm voice of my friend Charlie spoke through the phone.
"Dude, you coming to the cyph tonight?" She spoke with faint noise in the background.
        "You know it."