The Plushie

You had gotten the care giver job by luck. The elderly woman- Rosa adored you and told you many stories of life before you. You didn't mind listening, it always intrigued you really. On your last day, she lead you up to the attic.
"I want to give you a gift but don't know what... Do you like anything here? Just take it." She smiles.
"I really don't want to take something." You object lightly.
"Please? They'll just sit up here collecting dust, then be sold when I'm gone anyway." She points out.
"Alright then... Hmm..." You look around everything was so fancy. Then, sitting below the window sitting on a small trunk, you see a cute red haired plushie. You go over, ignoring the light on your face as you lean over to look at him closely. You reach and pick him up gingerly. "Aren't you cute..." You murmur.
"That's what you want? That was a gift to my mother from my great grandfather. She was scared of it, said it moved. I never saw it move, and my daughter said he was ugly and put him up here...." She takes the plushie dusting him off. "He's seen better days.. Are you sure you don't want to pick something else?"
"I'm sure," You gingerly take the plushie back, holding it to your chest.
"Then you should have that, it came with him." She nods to the trunk the plushie had been sitting on. You go over and pick it up.
"What's in it?" You ask curiously since it had some heft.
"I don't know, we could never figure out the combination lock." She frowns slightly.
"Oh... I doubt I'll figure it out, but if it came with him I don't mind taking it." You shrug.
"I hope you do figure it out, you've been absolutely delightful, and so sweet." She hugs you, kissing your cheek. You smile and saw goodbye before carrying your new plushie and the trunk out.

You set the trunk on your desk, wiping off the dust. "First. I have to wash you, you smell like dust." You mutter taking the plushie to the bathroom and removing its severely outdated clothes. You use some laundry soap and clean up the plushie and it's clothes thoroughly. You then dry it off the best you could before placing it in the sunlight.
"What odd clothes..." You mutter looking at them and pausing when some numbers catch your eye. Your eyes move to the trunk. Ah. What the hell. Moving to the lock and putting in the numbers. There's a click and it opens. Your eyes widen, well, that was unexpected. "I guess they never really looked..." You mutter, opening the trunk and pausing, under the lid were many miniature weapons, strapped in place.
"What the hell..." You mutter taking out a big and rather cool black mini great sword. The weight surprised you. "Is this actual steel...?" You feel over the others carefully, these definitely were not toys...
You look into the trunk now finding a letter in a different language, and under that, many small outfits for your plushie. "That's... Really cool..." Setting the letter on your laptop you take out a black armor outfit, also a bit hefty. You look at the plushie, checking to see if he was dry before dressing him up in the suit and strapping the greatsword to his back.
"Don't you look badass now..." You smile eskimo kissing the plushie before setting him next to your laptop. Sitting down in your chair you pick up the letter looking it over curiously before opening your laptop.
It took some time but you were finally able to translate the right language online....

To the future master of Eustass Kid,
He is an unruly champion, short tempered and cold. However, he is also powerful and ruthless. I believe he will serve you nicely. When you wake this champion he will already know what to do. Treat him as you will, he's strong enough to handle it. After all he is your personal soldier, here to do your bidding.
Farewell and good fighting,
Grand Master

You read it over three times but alas, you didn't have a damn clue on what it meant. You look at the plushie, picking it up and smiling thoughtfully. "So your name is Kid? That's rather cute... My champion..." You cuddle his cheek. "Time for bed." You decide crawling into bed and curling up under the blankets, falling asleep.