Playdate

Yans POV
Today Claire was coming over to my house to play. "No mummy I said to put out the orange juice not the apple," I yell grabbing my hair. "Calm down Yan," my mummy scolded. I huffed and stomped up to my room I turned on my TV and started watching some Peppa Pig. Yay a new episode came out this one was about Granda pig buying a parrot. "Yan Claire's here," I hear my mummy yell from downstairs. Oh no I'm not ready. I was sitting in my Dino onsie and my hair was a mess. No no no. She can't see me like this today needs to be perfect. I grabbed my dress shirt, tie and trousers and quickly yanked them on. I pulled on my polished black shoes and combed my hair then ran down stairs to meet Claire.

There she was her blond hair was really long and shiney. "Hi Yan," she squeled running and hugging me. She smelt like strawberrys and yummy stuff. "Hi Claire," I reply as we stop hugging.  We go and grab our juice boxes and sandwiches to eat while we watch some TV. "Yan guess what?" Claire asks as we sit on my bed eating sandwiches and watching Ben and Hollys Little Kingdom. "What," I reply smiling at her. "It's my birfday next week," she replays before taking a big bite out of her peanut butter and jelly sandwich. "Am I invited Claire?" I ask hoping that I am. "Of course silly," she says laughing cutely.

We decided to go play with my alphabet blocks. "Look I can spell Yan," I say pulling her gently over. I grabbed the Y then the A and finally the N. "Thats not fair though you have a short name than me mine is six letters in my name you only have three," she says crossing her arms over her chest. "Sorry," I say feeling bad if I made her sad I didn't mean to I promise. "I'm not mad Yan," she says smiling again.
Today was going so well Claire and I talked about everything and told each other loads of secrets. "Claire time to go home," Claire's mummy Amanda yelled from the kitchen. "Aw well I should go see my mummy now bye Yan," she says hugging me and running off.