Chapter 7: Ima Get a Scholarship To Kings College

A/N hey guys I wanted to apologize if I get/got any details wrong in this chapter or any wrong in one of the last chapters. So hope you guys enjoy. And I know you guys haven't heard much from the Schuyler's but around chap 9 or 10 they will be included a lot more often. And I now that the Lams in this story is dry but it will liven up soon.

Alex's Pov

At 5:45 my alarm went off blaring in my ear because I rolled over to the side of the bed that was closest to the alarm. It was so early in the morning that the sun hasn't even come up yet. But I had to get up early because my first class that started at 6:45. It usually takes me a while to get ready. I pull on a shirt and pants, I put on my only pair of sneakers and open the door to the common room. It was pitch black because none of the lights were on and the window didn't give window because It was pitch black outside. I pull my phone out of my pocket and turn on the flashlight. I shine it around the room to make sure I don't bump into anything.

I walk over to the bathroom and as I walk I to the bathroom I pass by John's room. The light shined into his room and I saw him sleeping. He looked so adorable with his usually neat ponytail sprawled everywhere on the bed and in his face. The light made his freckles visible that looked like they are stars in a galaxy. He stirred in his bed which made me move the light to make sure I didn't wake him up. I positioned the light so I can see a clear path from where I was standing to the bathroom. I walked over to it and went to brush my teeth and my hair. I was deciphering whether to leave it down or pull it up. I decided to pull it up because it was the first day and I wanted to make a good impression. I walked over to the kitchen and opened the fridge. I wasn't to hungry so I just got a apple and started to walk my way toward the door. Before I left I saw the time on the stove which was 6:15.

I walked out to the hallway and pulled the door behind me. The hall was black and dead silent. I had to turn on the flashlight on my phone again. I walked down to 4 flights of stairs and opened the door to the outside. The cold and misty air hit my like a glove. I walked out and could feel the water vapor in the air. I could see the condensation on the grass and the windows. The sun was starting to rise over the horizon and the sun filled the dark sky like a painter splattering paint over a blank canvas. The sunrise slowly filled the sky with red, orange, yellow, purple, and pink. The sight was truly beautiful. As I started walking I noticed the time 6:30 I still had 15 minutes to get to class but I walked over anyway because I liked to get there early. By the time I got to class it was 6:35 I went into the class and took the seat closest to the front. I still had 10 minutes before class started so I took out my journal and started writing 'till it was 6:45. The bell rang and I heard students starting to walk in the hall.

Around 6:50 the students started flooding in. My first class was law with Professor Washington. I was already happy for the first day for school but the day got better when I saw John walk into the class. He went to go sit toward the middle but when he saw me called me up to sit next to him. I picked up my stuff and went over. When I sat down I saw Laf and Herc walk through the door the moment they saw us they walked over and sat down. Herc next to John and Laf next to me. A few moments we just sit there and then 2 people walk through the door who looked a lot like Laf and Herc but the "Laf" had his hair loose and the "Herc" had more of a lost puppy look then the fearless look like Herc does. At 7:00 the bell rang and the Professor walked in. He started calling roll. He called all of us then he called the 2 look a likes. Which were named Jefferson and Madison. After the professor called roll he started lecturing us about what this class is gonna be about and started the first lesson.

For the entire class none of us talked. After the class we met up in the hall. and started killing time before our next classes because they were all really close to the law class. The classes went by very slow for the rest of the day except for my Creative Writing class which went by fast because I sat behind John the entire time and I was just staring at him for the whole class. When the class finished I was actually kind of disappointed because I had to leave to my next class. When the day was over I just went to my dorm and started working on my essay due for law next month. I took my hair out of the ponytail I had so I would be more comfortable. I had to make sure I got the best grade because- Um... never mind that's not important. I finished classes at 2:45 and John got back around 3:30. He walked through the door and the first thing I saw was his beautiful freckles. He walked in and looked at me.