Two

Suddenly another scream called from across the hallway. Turning to look outside she was bombarded by the sight of another girl collapsed in the hallway doing the same thing. Then a tremor rushed through the building and screams erupted from the stairwell. The force of the blow caused many students to stumble, erupting even more confusion in the minds of the high schoolers.
    "What's going on?" A boy yelled loudly toward their teacher. Suddenly, before the teacher could answer, another teacher burst in.
   "A car has crashed into the school building," one of the teacher gasped breathlessly. Confusion erupted into the room, as the fire alarm blared through the speakers. Everyone was rushing around screaming and yelling as papers and books went everywhere. "Evacuate the building," the teacher yelped again. Barely comprehending what was going on Ashwyn barreled downstairs. Students dropped like flys to the floor, their bodies limp. Pushing through the thick of students and leaping over those on the ground she ripped her locker open, jamming anything of use in her backpack and followed the frenzied stream of still-standing students out the door. Looking to her left she was brought with the sight of the front half of a car jammed in the space by the door. Ashwyn knew that there was some truth, something the teachers knew that they didn't that justified their sudden call for a frenzied evacuation. The only thing that she could hear was the pounding of her heart. Turning to get closer to the door Ashwyn caught a sight that would have caused many to throw up upon sight.
      The crowd had parted around a small girl-or what once was a girl-who had fallen to the floor. Her body shook violently, causing her knees in bend in as she scrambled to her feet. Her eyes swiveled to Ashwyn, the color seeped from them, they were black-dead. Blood leaked from the girl, pooling in a puddle by her feet. Her skin was pinched in and together as a crumpled arm reached forward, a hiss escaping her cracked lips.
    Biting back the vomit and the terror she pushed through the students clawing to the doors. Undeniable fear rose so quickly into Ashwyn's system she couldn't breathe. The rustle of bags and the metallic smell of blood was replaced with the cold air of the day as she emerged the doors, her mind screaming for answers and for her to get out of there. Taking off at a sprint she barreled past the students jamming keys into their cars as she ran.
    The adrenaline pumping into her system fueled her instinctive sprint as she hit the sidewalk that would lead her to her home. More people screamed and collapsed as she sped past barely giving them a glance. She watched helplessly as a car speeding by's driver dove into the window as the car careened into another car across the road. Police sirens and car horns made a cacophony of a symphony arise from the small town.
    Thanking her mom for choosing a house close to the school she bounded up the steps onto the porch of her home. Banging loudly on the door she yelled over the noise her name, screaming to be let in. Her whole body shook as her mind spun in circles at what was happening, what is happening? She thought angrily.     
    No matter how hard she shoved the locked door didn't budge. Stepping back her stomach dropped out of her as she saw the front of the once oak wood door. There resting smack in the middle of the splattered blood a smeared handprint rested, of blood that wasn't her own.

A/N: Hey readers! Thank you for reading and I hope you liked it! If you have any ideas, feedback, or thoughts feel free to comment them here or press that little star button if you liked the chapter!

At Our End जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें