Traps

Zarkon's command appeared just outside the castle, and Pidge fell to the floor of the dining hall. She barely heard the other paladins running about - the only thing she could hear was a loud ringing in her ears. She covered them with her hands, attampting to block out the noise but instead bringing it out more, drowning out the garbled voices of the other paladins.

Come and fight... Come and assure the victory of the empire. She heard Zarkon's deep voice echoing in her head, and the ringing stopped.

"Where's Pidge?!" Shiro shouted.

"How should I know?! She just disappeared!" Lance answered.

"I'm down here!" Pidge yelled, hoisting herself back up. She heard explosions all around her - she was glad to be in her armor already. "I also know how Zarkon found us."

"Is it through you?" Shiro asked over the comm.

"Yes. How did you-"

"I guessed. It makes sense, honestly. It isn't your fault." She smiled.

"Now, can you get to your lion like the rest of us?" Keith shouted, grunting as sounds of Galra blasters entered the comm. "Guys - I've been boarded!" Keith said in a panicked tone just before his channel went dead.

"Keith, we can-" Lance was cut off by blaster sounds and panicked shouts. "I don't know how, but they're on my lion, too, and-" Lance was dragged away, evident by the sound of his voice and his grunts of pain growing quieter with each broadcasted footstep.

"Lance!" Hunk yelled.

"I'm on my lion!" Pidge said suddenly, surprised that she got there. She hadn't been focused on where she was going, but instead on the apparent loss of two of the paladins.

"Prime objective needs to be getting Keith and Lance back, and soon. If that ship leaves with them on it..." Shiro didn't have to finish.

"Got it. Shiro, you and I could distract them while Pidge sneaks in from behind? She has that cloaking capability." Hunk pointed out.

"Good plan, couldn't have said it better myself." Shiro answered, maneuvering into position​ next to the yellow lion. "Hurry, Pidge. We can't let them get away with Lance, Keith, or either of their lions." Pidge nodded, turning on her cloaking ability.

"Hello, opening." She mumbled, smiling as she got closer to an obvious weak spot - a docking bay. She got close and waited for some galra fighters to leave, and when they did, she slipped in, knowing a fight would give away her location.

She climbed out of her lion, taking deep breaths as she pulled up her scanner. She located the blue and red paladins on her map, and quickly ran down the nearest hallways to get to them.

"Gotcha!" She wispered, finding herself right outside a cell door, with her map notifying her that the two paladins were inside. She opened the door, rushing inside to grab Keith and Lance. "Guys, come on, it's-" she stopped as she saw the two helmets on the floor. The paladins weren't here! But she was. The door slammed closed behind her.

"No!" She screamed. "No, not again!" She slumped to the floor, her despair suddenly giving way to anger. Zarkon had planned this. He let them rescue her, hadn't he? Just so he could capture her again, this time taking the rest of Voltron down with her. She grabbed the red helmet off the floor.

"Hello? Shiro?" She growled when she got no response. She took it off and opened a back panel, and, mentally promising Keith that she would fix it later, she rewired the helmet and tried again.

"Shiro? Hunk? Somebody?!"

"Pidge? Why are you on Keith's - what happened?" Shirl asked.

"I was tracking them, but it was a trap. They set it up. I can get out, I think, but I need time and I don't think we have much. I still need to find Keith and Lance, too." She sighed as she thought about how horrible the situation was.

"Okay. Hunk and I can provide you-"

"Sorry, guys. We made it back to our lions - we would have been notifying you, but they took our helmets." Keith said suddenly.

"Anyways, let's go and form Voltron!" Lance said.

"No can do - your helmets were a trap. Pidge is stuck in a cell with them right now. She was tracking you to try and attempt a rescue, so one of you will have to do the same for her."

"I can do it." Lance offered.

"Good. Pidge, you here?"

"Yes, Shiro. I'm not going anywhere." She looked around, instantly regretting it. It was just like her old cell, a room that was somewhere in this ship. She shuddered as she looked the walls over, seeing a several scratch marks she made when being held hostage by the galra. Perhaps it was her cell.

"I'm outside, how do I open the door?!" Lance shouted.

"The big purple button." Pidge said, trying not to roll her eyes. The door hissed open, and Pidve dove out with two helmets in her arms. She handed the blue one to Lance as they made their way to their lions. An army of drones stood guard outside of the large particle barriers generated by the two lions.

"Get ready." Lance whispered, fingering his Bayard. "And... Now!" He charged into the docking bay, shooting drones at random. Pidge was close behind, electrocuting and knocking down drones.

"Nice work." She said as Lance cleared the last few robots out.

"Thanks." He said, wiping his forehead. He started to move towards the blue lion when something large and heavy pinned him to the ground.

"Lance!" Picge screamed, rushing over to him to try and free him. It was not use - even if she were as strong as Shiro or Hunk, she would have been able to do very little. The thing holding Lance down was a fallen piece of the ceiling above them. Pidge looked up, gasping as she saw Haggar above, a sickening smiling plastered on the witch's face.