Chapter 7: The Rain That Must Be Saved

Start from the beginning

While Gokudera was mumbling about how should Yamamoto be sorry to his Tsuna-sama, Tsuna was rather disappointed. It's not because Yamamoto assumed that he's the 'bastard copy' Gokudera is talking about, it's because Yamamoto had that smile again. He wants to tell him to stop doing that but he can't. He's afraid that no one will listen to him again. His pad paper is also nowhere to be seen. There's no way to communicate.

Gokudera saw this and gave him a worried look. He knew all of Tsuna's pasts and situations except for the fact that his new family is Varia (Because Tsuna knew Gokudera is also in the mafia) since last night's friendly talk. So he assured him. "Tsuna-sama, it's okay to talk. It is just me and this baseball idiot. Don't worry, he'll listen to you. If not, I'm gonna make him"

Tsuna grinned. He found another best friend who would be there for him besides Hibari. He nodded and walked towards Yamamoto. "You know, a smile should not be like that. It should be bright and happy, not a sad and fake. You should always be true to yourself even with those friends who only care about your talent" Tsuna smiled at him and held a hand. "Do you want to walk with us, Yamamoto-san?"

Yamamoto began to frown. He's the first person who had seen through him. Even with the years of experience, someone had read him like an open book and it's very awkward for him. He doesn't know how to react. He looked at Gokudera who had a surprisingly proud and happy face instead of the usual scowl. Then he began to notice. It was unfair. Life is unfair. Why did Gokudera found a true friend before him with his carefree personality? When you look at it, Yamamoto would most likely to have friends. But what kind friends does he have? Fake ones.

'Maybe when the baseball god once failed at throwing me away, he ensured that I will fall to the depths of nothingness and frauds with no way of saving me and be accepted to my sky'  He looked at Tsuna again. He was more than ready to accept him despite that he was a minute away of killing him yesterday. But Yamamoto is still not ready to take that kindness. "Sorry. I have to decline. Iey's probably searching for me now"

He stepped forward to be beside Tsuna and leaned to whisper something to him. "Don't talk like you understand me. You're still Dame-Tsuna with no friends to differentiate false from true. You're lucky you have Gokudera." It's his final words before running away, leaving Tsuna and Gokudera. He knew it was harsh to say such things but he had to.

Gokudera tried to chase him but Tsuna stopped him saying that it's okay but Gokudera won't rest until he had a word with Yamamoto so he shouted. "Oi!! Baseball Freak!! Don't ever say that Tsuna-sama didn't invite you or you'll regret it!!"

Tsuna stared at the leaving figure of Yamamoto. He recalled his final words. The tone of it. It's not bitter and angry as it should be. It's sad, confused, and desperate to find someone who will accept him. 'To be accepted by me.'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yamamoto ran away. He doesn't know what to do or how to respond to somebody who had seen his fake act. He just wanted to be accepted not just for his skills and talent and the brunet just have to do it. When he saw Tsuna held his hand, he really wanted to accept that. But what did he do, he pushed that light away, said mean things to him, almost killed him. That light who wanted to save him from the darkness. 'I'm the one who's declining everything. I'm really an idiot. Guess I will be the one who will taint him.'

He continued to run when he heard someone shouted at him. "Oi!! Baseball Freak!! Don't ever say that Tsuna-sama didn't invite you or you'll regret it!!" It was Gokudera.

He closed his eyes not letting those words affect him. Then a tear fell from his eyes. 'I'm already regretting it!!'

He ran to God knows where then he bumped to someone this time. He slowly opened his eyes to find out who it is and apologize to him but who he saw was not really expected. It was him. His so called 'friend'. His 'savior'. -Scratch that- He's the sole reason why Yamamoto is like that.