Chapter Thirty-Three - To bring her back.

I woke up early the next morning, most of my stuff was packed and ready to go… but I wasn’t. I wanted my last day here to be enjoyable but I couldn’t stay in the house knowing Marcel and Edward were just across the street. So I decided to go to the café and get something to eat.

I drove around until I found a place I’ve never been to. I walked inside and saw a girl drop her keys while she walked to her booth. She had long straight blonde hair and clear blue eyes… she looked like a Victoria Secret model and to be honest it scared me to approach her…

“Hi, I’m sorry. You dropped this.” I smiled

 “Oh God, thank you so much” she said gratefully “How could I have not noticed that?”

“Oh, they fell out of your bag… I lose things all the time”

“Well thanks again… ah?”

“My name is Mary Jane”

“I’m Lyla. Lyla Noviack”

“Nice to meet you” I said casually

“Would you like to take a seat, I’m here alone…”

“Sure”

I sat down across from her and ordered.

“You look very familiar… do you think we’ve met before?” She said

“I don’t think so?”

“Mary… Jane. Hmm. I don’t know. But honestly I feel like I’ve seen you somewhere.”

We talked for a while about different TV shows and clothing stores… random girl stuff I guess. She was nice… her company was different from what I’ve gotten so used to. And even though she made me so insecure, I still wanted her to be my friend.

“I GOT IT!” She yelled excitedly

“Got what”

“I’ve seen you on TV! You were engaged to Marcel Styles!”

“Oh… right. I forgot all about that.”

“Yeah! But then I guess… he cheated on you or something… I’m sorry about that.”

“It’s okay… we’re still friends kind of.”

“Um, so you know Edward?”

My heart sank as I finally realized who this person was… she was Edward’s perfect broken girl and knowing this only made me feel more insecure…

“Yeah… I know him.”

“Does he still live in Cheshire?”

“Um… no… he lives here, not too far away actually.”

Slowly her glow faded away. She got quiet and stared off into space. Her blank look broke my heart to pieces.

“He told me about you…” I said quietly hoping to make her feel better

She snapped back into reality and looked at me.

“He has? What did he say?”

“Well… he told me how he loved you more than anything… and how he still does.”

My heart sank deep… knowing what was about to happen.

“Mary… Mary, please. Take me to him?” She said with tears in her eyes

I hesitated. I didn’t know what to do. What if I take her and he gets mad at me? Well… I guess it can’t get any worse than this. I was going to take this beautiful broken girl to the man I’ve fallen in love with… good thing his happiness means more to me than mine…

“Okay… I’ll take you”

“Thank you so much!” she said while giving me a hug “Here, I’ve got this”

She paid for our meals and we left.

“Mary I can’t thank you enough. I haven’t seen him in so long”

“It’s nothing… really.”

“Mary, are you alright?”

“Yeah I’m alright” I said while faking a smile

“Is this your first lie to me? Mary, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing really”

I kept on driving, trying to stay as calm about everything as I could be. Finally, we made it to my house. I took her inside and told her to wait on the sofa while I went and got him…

”Mary!” shouted Marcel while he gave me a hug at the front door

“Marcel, I need to speak to Edward”

Edward came outside… he looked mad at me still…

“Edward… I found her... I found Lyla and she’s in my house waiting for you” I said with tears filling my eyes

Edward went from looking mad, to looking furious. He said nothing and marched across the street. Marcel and I followed.

“Edward!” She squeaked

“Lyla… I wish you wouldn’t have come here.”

“I’ve missed you.”

“I’m in love with Mary!”

She looked at me… once again everything went wrong. I didn’t know how to react… I couldn’t move. I felt so sorry for everything going on. I couldn’t wait to just leave...