Chapter 2

"All hands to starboard stations! Now!"
"Naye, belay that. Let her run, she's a fighter, a survivor!"
"Rahem, she will go down, and take all of us with her!"
"Ag, I know her. She's been mine all my life, I know her strength. This is not just a ship, this is my ship."
"Steer clear of the mast!! Rahem, take the wheel, Rahem take the wheel!"
Rahem laughs, his fiery eyes challenge the tyrannous storm, his body is set like an unbreakable wall.

The storm was merciless. It rocked the ship, and choked it with water. The sails were torn and heavy. The mariners eyes had hollowed, dread filled them, their bodies just moved with their Captain's commands. They dripped from head to toe, slipped occasionally. The storm was savage and hungry. The cries of the mariners pulled down by the sea haunted the air. The rain bore down on them, the hailstorm continued, occasionally injuring the Fearless. But Captain Rahem's Dauntless endured.

"It's some gamble of odds!" Agenos screamed over the roaring storm to Rahem.
"Is that all you have?" Rahem grinned at the sky. The storm growled. The howling wind and hailstorms made the Dauntless and it's crew bleed, but couldn't hand them over to Death. The Dauntless stood proud, and so did it's captain.

"Heave, ho!
Heave, ho!
Heave, ho!" The mariners grunted, scowled and screamed into the storm, as they unloaded the vessel, and steadied it.

Rahem stood at the rostrum of the ship, one hand on his ship and one hand on his heart.
"All the gods, all the heavens, all the hells are within you." He whispered.

Agenos looked at Rahem from the deck below, and closed his eyes.
"Me is an empty vessel,
Yet to filled by thine light,
But now I ask thou
To not let this vessel fall and shatter
To let me open my mouth to
The infinite possibilities of this home
The more I ask is time
Let me stay, let me live
And let me contain a little more."
Agenos said. He saw Ryena's face and suddenly a blinding white light. When he opened his eyes, the storm seemed calmer. And he knew what had happened, he knew what she did.

Agenos woke up with a start, gasping. He was drenched in sweat. He looked up.