Imagine #3 I hate that you're the only girl here ~ Newt

"Y/N!" I turned my head around to see Gally motioning me over to him. I sighed, put the hammer down and wiped some sweat from my forehead with the back of my hand. I walked over to Gally and he asked: "Y/N, could you please find Newt and ask him if they need another lattice for the plants in the garden?" I rolled my eyes and nodded. Even if Gally was one of my best friends in the glade, i hated it that he always wants me to do the easiest tasks, as if he thinks i were to weak to do the same work as every other builder! "Oh c'mon, Y/N, i know you're happy that you can talk to you Newtie!" he winked. I blushed slightly and hitted him playfully at his shoulder. "Oh Gally, please don't wink. You have no idea how ridiculous it looks with this eyebrows of yours!" i giggled. Gally laid his hand dramatically on his chest and assumed to be genuinely hurt. " But Y/N, i thought you're loving my eyebrows!" I chuckled and then Gally shoved me in the direction of the gardens. "Now go and talk to your sweetheart." I didn't bother to answer and just slowly walked away.

A few moments later i arrived at the field and let my gaze wander. But Newt wasn't there. I stepped over to Zart who was currently picking some tomatos and tapped him lightly on the shoulder. He turned around and smiled at me. "Hey, Y/N" "Hey Zart, do you know where Newt is?" He raised his eyebrows, but before he could say anything stupid, i interrupted him. "Please say nothing, Gally wants me to asked Newt if you need a new lattice in the garden." He chuckled and shrugged. "Sorry, i don't know, but if you want to ask Newt, he just went asking Frypan if he needs some cegetables for the this evening." I nodded and made my way to the kitchen, while Zart continued working.

I just wanted to open the wooden door to the kitchen, when i heard Frypan and Newt talking. Normally, I wouldn't eavesdrop a conversation, but then i heard my name, so i froze with my my hand hovering right above the doorhandle. I took a step forward and pressed my ear carefully at the door. "And why don't you just talk to her?" That was Frypan. Newt laughed dryly, as if the cook had said something utterly ridiculous. "I certainly won't talk to her. I mean , did you even look at her?" My heart chlenched at his words. Newt sighed frustrated. "You have no idea how much i hate it that she's the only girl here."

I could feel tears filling my eyes, turned around quickly and ran to my room, not bothering if anyone could see me. When i finally reached my room, i shut the door and threw myself on the bed, now sobbing loudly. I liked Newt, i liked him way to much, even if i would deny it whenever somebody like gally would say something about it, and to hear him saying such things about me hurted. But what did i expect? How could i possibly thought that someone as perfect as Newt would like me? I buried my head in my pillow and cried silent tears until i fell asleep.

When i woke up again, i felt absolutely terrible, but i forced myself to get up and leave my room. I made my way over to Gally and the other builders. Gally turned around and he looked pretty angry, but when he saw my expression, his face softened immediately. "Y/N! Are you alright?" he asked concerned, but i just shook my head. "I'm ok Gally, don't worry, i just don't want to talk about it." He nodded understanding and said: "Did you asked Newt due to the lattice?" "Nope, and i won't ask him. If you want to know, send someone other, because i won't talk to Newt." i answered resolute. Gally gave me a irritated look, but didn't said anything.

The next few days i avoided Newt. Or at least tried to. I waited every morning until he finished breakfast, worked the whole day without talking to anyone and in the evening i skipped dinner with the others and later got some food from Frypan. I was determined to forget Newt, so i worked my ass off, and at first Gally was pretty surprised and wnated to know what happend to me but i ignored him, so he gave up soon. Of course Newt noticed that i didn't talk to him anymore and a few times he tried to start a conversation with me, but i acted like he wouldn't exist, so he gave up, too.

*timeskip*

It had been like ten days since i overheard this conversation between Newt and Frypan, and it was the time of the monthly bonfire. This morning a new greenie arrived, but i didn't care that much, when you live alone on a small glade with 50 boys around you, you get used to it and one boy more or less is nothing special. I knew that i could barely avoid Newt at the bonfire, so i decided not to go and just stay in my room. I convinced Gally that i was alright and that he didn't have to stay with me, so i laid on my bed, dozing a little bit, when somebody knocked at my door.

I answered sleepily: "What do you want, Gally? Leave me alone! I've already said that i don't want to join you!" But instead of going away, the person standing outside opened the door carefully and entered the room. It was Newt. He closed the door behind him and stepped over to my bed,sitting next to me. I sat up, but before i could say anything, he asked bluntly: "Why do you avoid me?" I shooked my head. "I don't avoid you." "Oh yes you do! You wait until i finished breakfast, you skip dinner everyday, the whole time you're just working and working and now you didn't come to the bonfire! What did i do?" "I think you know perfectly what you did." i answered coldly. I didn't want to talk to Newt. " No, i don't ! Please tell me!" he raised his voice. "Do you really want to know?" i snapped "i know that you hate me, i know that you think i'm ugly, i know that you don't want to talk to me, i also know that you wish there would be an other girl!" Newt's eyes widened, his jaw droped and he looked utterly shocked, but i didn't stopped. "I've heard your little conversation with Frypan and honestly, i habe no idea why you're here!" Now i cried again and Newt still stared at me, shocked. "Y/N..." "Just leave!" i yelled. But instead of leaving, he just pulled me into a tight hug. At first i stiffend, but soon relaxed and sobbed into his chest.

After i calmed down a bit, he mumbled: "Y/N, please listen to me, ok?" I nodded, to exhausted to refuse. "Y/N, first of all, please never think again that you're ugly or that i hate you. You're -" he cleared his throat-" you're beautiful. So bloody beautiful. And what you've heard - that i hate you being the only girl her, is right. But not because you're ugly or something like that, but because you're way to perfect! Do you know how terrible that is? To know that i'm one of 50 boys you could fall for. To recognize that i actually won't ever stand a chance with you. To pretend to like you just as a friend. It's terrible,and it kills me! Everday. But now i know it's worse not to be with you at all, so it's ok if you want us just to be friends." he smiled weakly. But i just wanted to say, i love you" I stared at him,totally stunned. "Y-you love me?" i asked with a shaky voice. "Yes, but if you don't-" I interrupted him by pulling him into a kiss. I could feel him froze in surprise, but then he kissed back and pulled me even closer to him. I buried my hands in his messy blonde hair, he let his hands slipped under my shirt and traced my back with his fingers. Whereever he touched me, my skin tingled and it feels like a billion butterflies exploded in my stomach. When we broke the kiss,i leaned my forhead against his and wisphered breathless: "I love you too."