[13]

a nurse's perspective

"Oh god, I hate these situations" I said as I arrived at the reception.
My colleague Mina sighed and pointed discreetly at a black haired boy. He sat in a chair in the waiting room, sleeping.

"He's been here since the suicidal one arrived. I think it's his best friend or boyfriend or something." She said and I shook my head.

"Ahh, it hurts me so much to see these young kids in trouble. What are they, 16?"

"Yes, the jumper is at least. So young.." Mina said and crossed her arms over her chest.

Suddenly the black haired boy woke from his sleep and looked confused for a moment. When he realized where he was he put his hood on and pulled his legs up against his body.

"Oh my god, I can't watch him!" I said and turned around. Mina sighed again and put a hand on my shoulder.

"He looks so tiny, so helpless." She tilted her head and watched the boy.
I turned back around.

"I can't deal with this anymore. I'm going over there." I exclaimed and started walking towards the tiny ball in the chair.
I sat down on my knees in front of him and put my hand on his arm. He looked up in surprise and I could se that he had cried. Hard. For a long time.

"Hi, I'm Jeongyeon. What's your name?" I said with my softest voice and smiled.

"I-...I'm Jim-Jimin.." He sobbed lightly when he spoke and used his sleeve to dry his tears. I could really see the pain in his eyes.

"Hi Jimin, would you like to have a little chat? It might make you feel better." I said and I had to make an effort not to cry.
He hesitated, but he nodded and stood up slowly.

"You can follow me." I said and put my arm around his shoulders.

-

"So, Jimin was it? How are you feeling?" I asked. He sat on the other side of the desk in my office and looked down on the floor.
When I asked how he was feeling, he looked up and looked at me like I was stupid or something. After a few seconds he looked down again and dried a tear.

"I don't- I feel like I... I don't know how....what... I have never felt this...empty." He was still sobbing and he couldn't really form the sentences the way he wanted.
I felt awful.

"So.. Did you see him right before it happened?"

"Yes, I-I did. W..we fought. And now it's my fau-f..." He broke down in tears.
"IT'S MY FAULT THAT HE IS DEAD"

He started hitting himself on his head and he cried out loud.

"It's my fault" He kepts saying over and over.

"Jimin, I need you to calm down." I said and reached out to grab one of his arms. He stopped hitting himself and he just looked at me. He closed his eyes and slowly lowered his hands.

"Good Jimin. Now take a deep breath."

He did as I told him and closed his eyes. Silent tears were still streaming down his cheeks. I felt like my heart was going to break at any moment. But I couldn't show it. I placed a strain of hair behind my ear and put my hands together on the desk.

"Do you want to tell me why you two fought?"

"O-okay..." Jimin said quietly and nodded.
"We, uhm, we w-were kind ohh-of fooling around at his p-p-place and" He paused to take another deep breath, to pull his voice together.

"And I was shirtless, uh, so I removed his shirt and I.. I saw the horrifying scars on his arm..and I just.. He told me that I wouldn't understand so I-I...."

Once again, he broke into tears.

"I told him he was acting like a baby, and I know I shouldn't have said that, it just kind of flew out of my mouth, so he left and I-"

Now he was crying hard again. He buried his face in his hands and sobbed quietly.

"Maybe you shouldn't have said that, Jimin, but I don't think that you are the cause he tried to commit suicide." I said and he looked up at me quickly.

"What do you know?" He said with a bit of anger in his voice.
"He had the most beautiful friends and.."

"Jimin, Kim Taehyung has been diagnosed with clinical depression for over three years. He sees his psychiatrist three times a week and has tried to commit suicide twice. Didn't you know this?" As I spoke, Jimin's eyes started to well up with tears again.

"No" He said and cleared his throat. A tear fell down his left cheek. "I didn't."

I stayed quiet. Wow. This was really a once in a million scenario.

"I haven't known him for that long." Jimin looked up at me with red eyes.
"We just met a few days ago. But, I think..." His cheeks turned pink and he again tried his tears. "I think I'm in love with him."

I gasped, maybe a little too loud, cause Jimin's facial expression hardened.

"Jimin, I'm-"

Mina interrupted me by slamming the door open.

"We have a code blue in room 213!" She shouted and continued to run down the corridor. Both me and Jimin quickly stood up.

"Nurse, who is in room 213?" Jimin said whilst I was collecting my papers. I looked up at him and a tear slipped through my eye.

"Don't you worry, Jimin-ssi. Everything will be just fine alright? Just..Just go back to the waiting room and I will see you later." I said and tried to sound calm and happy. But I could see that he didn't fall for my act.
His eyes glowed with the question he probably didn't dare to ask.

I nodded.

"He is going to be okay, I promise." I said before I ran out of my office and towards room 213.

I knew that a code blue was bad. Really bad.
And Taehyung probably wasn't going to be okay.

hi my lovelies <3
i kind of liked this different style, but idk
new chapter tomorrow! let me know what you think byeeeee