Kissed the Girl and Said Goodbye

Chapter 1

I smiled at the sky as I lay in the grass. This is it. Today is the day he's coming back.

I couldn't tell if I was happy about this or not. He was my best friend when we were little. Those times have changed now. I haven't seen him in 13 years and I'm 18 now.

It's not like I chose this. No, I didn't want to move in with him. Just because he was my best friend when we were little doesn't mean he hasn't changed. For all I know he could be a selfish brat, be king of the school, and be a player. Sure I've changed. I'm not that geeky girl who sits in the back of the class because her mom has no sense of style and makes her wear overalls and big dorky glasses anymore. I'm not Little Ms. Popular either though. I'm just me.

My mom doesn't pick out my clothes anymore. Thank God. I shop by myself and I'm perfectly happy doing so. I love shopping. It's like my life. My parents have tons of money. You'd think being rich my mom would have better style. Think again.

Though, I have my own style. No one, that I know, wears the same things as me. I'm one of those kids that was born in the wrong decade. I was actually meant to be from the 80's. I practically live in the 80's. My iPod is full of songs from the 80's and I dress exactly like I lived in those times.

Some people would find my whole look odd. Not at my school. My school is pretty damn special. The kids there are insane. My look, compared to most of the kids in the school, is pretty normal. There are kids with looks that are impossible to explain. One of my best friends well her look could be classified as "rocker." She has this weird blonde mohawk thing that is like twisted up like that one guy from American Idol a few years back. She always has a leather jacket on and may look pretty scary but she's actually a really sweet person.

My other best friend is one of those people who can pull off anything. She is always wearing a normal outfit but puts on something that sticks out, doesn't match, or makes no sense at all and she somehow still pulls the whole outfit off.

Those are my two best friends Kat, the rocker, and Marilyn, the odd one. I have other friends of course but these two are the only ones who seem deserving of the name "best friends." They are always at my side except for on this matter. For this matter they are on my parents' side.

They think it's romantic. I think they are full of crap and my life is ruined. They say it's what God wants. I say it's not what I want.

You see my parents and HIS parents came up with this whole idea.

Well, maybe we did as children. But I don't want it now!

I don't want any of it. I haven't seen him in years. Now they are expecting me to marry Tristan, my ex-best friend.