playing games. {gastina}

Gastón should have listened to Ricardo when he said that his daughter was a pro at playing video games. He and his girlfriend had been sitting for two hours and played a game and Nina had won over him all the time.

It's not like he was a beginner or so, since he had spent time with his best friend Matteo and played games with him. But he had to admit that his girlfriend is good. Very good.

"Give up?" Nina asked with a smile. She saw that Gastón was getting tired and groaned every time he lost.

"Nope. We play some more." Actually, he had almost no feeling in his fingers, his brain was about to kill him, but he wanted to continue. He held a swear word when he almost lost again.

Ricardo was right. His daughter is a pro and even he could not win over her - how could Gastón be able to beat her?

Nina hesitated, "We should take a break and then we play again. Sounds good?" Gastón was about to shook his head to answer but then he nodded. He needed some rest. He was exhausted and he saw on Nina's face that she was too.

They went into the kitchen and took a drink. After 20 minutes, Gastón felt that he could finally feel his fingers. And after talking about books, poetry, what is going on at Jam & Roller, school and FelicityForNow's latest post (Nina is such a beautiful writer and he loves every single post she writes) both felt to play again.

They went to the living room and sat down on the sofa. Nina pressed on "Play" and they started playing.

This time, however, Gastón felt he was more into the game than before. He finally felt that he had control.

And he couldn't believe when a pop-up window came on and told him that he had won.

Gastón wasn't going to go; "I WON, YOU LOST HAHA." on his girlfriend like some people who hadn't been able to beat someone and then they do that. He turned to Nina who smiled at him, wasn't sad at all that she had lost this time.

"It looks like you finally won." Nina smirked and gave her boyfriend a hug.

Gastón couldn't almost answer, he was still shocked. "Y-yeah... but how?"

Nina shrugged. "Who knows?"

~~~~~

During the dinner, Ricardo leaned in to his daughter and whispered into her ear; "You let him win, didn't you?"

Nina didn't respond but her wide smile revealed that he had been right.