Chapter 1 - Birthday Wishes

~~~Tanya's Point Of View~~~

Ahhh today was my birthday. Usually my horrible family don't celebrate my birthday but today my cousin promised me that shes planning something great. She had always protected me from my sisters. However, she had to leave to go to another city to study. My life became miserable, but thats another story for a different day.

Securely, the blindfold covered my brown eyes. As grass touched my tender feet I walked across. Slowly, my cousin, Reyna, carefully took off the blind fold.
"SURPRISE!" My family members shouted.

::::::::::Flashback:::::::::
::::::::10 years ago::::::::

"Tanya whats your dream birthday party look like?"

"Everything would be decorated in pretty lights, there would be a big cake in the middle of the party"

:::::End of Flashback::::

As I took the blindfold off, the glistening fairy lights brightened my eyes. Everything was decorated beautifully with lights and in the middle of the party awaited a massive cake. No one had put that much effort before. A tear slipped out in joy.

"You remembered" I said looking at Reyna.

"Always!"

We danced, sang, played games, cut the cake despite the fact that my actual sisters left the party, it was the best one yet. It may only be just a birthday party but its the first time I've been happy since forever and I was just so happy Reyna was back. The party had finished but I forgot to open the presents, quickly before everyone left, I opened each present. They were all amazing however one box was still yet to open but Reyna insisted to open it in private.

Every one had finally left and I could open the 'Mystery Box' in peace. I had promised Reyna I wouldn't open it without her. Keeping my promise I waited for her, couple of hours later she came up to my room.

"Sorry, okay...okay open the present, I'm so excited for you to see this, Hope you like it." She said as she entered the room. I was very eager to see what is was now.

I opened the box to find several items wrapped. I reached in the box and pulled out an envelope, I assumed it was the card and carelessly opened it up.

"AHHHHHHH" I shrieked

No way! My cousin aka best friend had got us tickets to go to America. It was always a dream of mine. I hugged her so hard, could life get any better.

"Why dont you open the rest" Reyna said with a smirk on her face.

"What could be better than going to America" I said with a huge smile whilst opening the actual birthday card.

////Birthday Card\\\\

Dear Tanya
Happy 17th Birthday!! I love you ever so much, so excited to go to America. However there is still one more surprise left as well as the other gifts.
OMG!! Okay so I bought a house in Cali!!
Love from your one and only, Reyna!

Tears of joys exploded out my eyes as I finished reading the card. I just couldn't believe it, ever since Mum died, I've wanted to go and explore California. On the left side of the card was attached a key.

"Thats the key to the house, keep it safe and Happy Birthday, Tan!! Thank you for being the best cousin ever." She said as she hugged me.

Let me introduce myself. I'm Tanya Rose. I recently turned 17 years old. I have big brown eyes and long brown hair, which comes up to my belly button.

And the awesome girl who bought us a house, is my cousin, Reyna Ferns. She recently turned 18, 3 days ago. She has beautiful light brown eyes and short, straight brown hair.

"So when are we going to leave." I said with excitement.

"In about a week or so, which hardly gives me time to buy everything and get money out from the bank."
She was staying over so we got her bed ready.

"Goodnight" she said before she dosed off to sleep.
I just couldn't stop smiling or even go to sleep, I was going to America soon. I really wanted to get away from home for a while.

I had a gut feeling that something special will happen on this trip, something very special!

A/N
Hope you enjoined the first chapter, please vote, comment and follow me for future fanfictions

I will try and update every Saturday!