[thirty three - E&G's birthday party pt.1]

Start from the beginning

-

Two hours go by much faster than I had intended, and soon enough Lilly and I both have curled hair and a face full of makeup.

"I'm glad you decided to wear it, Ethan's going to love it!" Lilly exclaims, leaning over to touch the silky red fabric.

I did want to look good for Ethan, but this red dress is not something I would usually wear. It's a bit too revealing for my liking, but Lilly begged me to wear it the entire time we got ready.

I guess she's right, though. Maybe it's time I start taking a few chances...

Lilly and I wave goodbye to my mom as we walk out the front door. I glance down at my phone to see a text from Ethan and smile.

Are you on your way yet? It's already crowded.

As if on cue, Lilly practically screams next to me that we need to hurry up because she's apparently received four texts from different people saying that they're already there.

So far, were only five minutes late. I guess Samantha really did invite just about everyone.

I shoot Ethan back a quick text.

Leaving now. See you soon!

"Wait! I need to go get Ethan's present," I say to Lilly. I can't believe I almost forgot it.

"Ughhh, Jessica, hurry!"

"Okay, okay!"

I rush inside to retrieve the small, perfectly wrapped gift. Thanks, mom.

I was planning on just shoving it into a gift bag, but my lovely mother suggested that she should wrap it. I'm glad that she did, though, although I still cringe at the light blue wrapping with the words "happy birthday" written across it in every possible way. 

I can't wait for Ethan to see it.

-

Lilly and I both gasp in unison as we pull onto Ethan's street.

Cars line the road from a block away, seeming to form an endless line. My mouth remains agape as we continue to slowly drive down the street, passing car after car.

"Oh... my... god..." Lilly places her hand on the passenger window as she continues to look out at all of the cars.

"This looks like it's going to be bigger than any bonfire party Amy has ever had," Lilly adds.

I'm speechless.

This really does look like the biggest party I've ever seen. I suddenly feel overwhelmed and anxious for what's to come.

"Ethan told me I can park in the driveway, if we can even find it," I tell Lilly.

I continue to watch as multiple classmates I recognize from school walk through the large yard and up to the front door of the Dolan mansion, ready for a good party.

"I'm so fucking excited." Lilly exclaims, clapping her hands together rapidly.

We all knew this was going to be a big party, but damn.