T W E N T Y S E V E N

Start from the beginning

"Oh, yeah okay, I'll drive you home," He says, picking it a few dollar bills and lay it down on the table.

"I'm sorry to cut this short, I'll pay next time," I say and he stops for a second, looking up at me. A wide smile spreads on his face.

"Don't worry about it," he says. He walks out with me, where a swarm of paparazzi are stationed. I'm getting better at ignoring them. We get into his car, and he drives out of the small parking lot.

"Why doesn't Harry want you to leave the apartment?" Niall asks as the car slows down in a traffic jam. I'm still worried about how Harry will react when I get home, what he'll do.

"I'm sorry Niall, I should've told you. Zayn got into the apartment again." I exhale, shaking my head at myself. The car holts in motion, and his head turns instantly towards me.

"What?" His mouth falls open, his eyes widening. I instantly feel guilty, because I seriously doubt that Niall would've taken me out if he knew this.

"I'm sorry," I apologize again, and his jaw clenches.

"It's just, it had been such a long time since I felt... good. And when you asked if I wanted to go out, I knew that if I told you what happened, you'd be too scared for my safety. I just needed to get out of that apartment," I explain, and his eyes grow empathetic as he parks.

"I understand," he nods, and I feel relief spreading around me. He isn't mad... It's really a change after living with a person who gets mad at me so easily.

"Thank you for today, Niall. I mean it... I really needed this," I tell him. After just spending 30 minutes with 30 minutes with Niall, I already feel happier. And right now, I don't want to get out of the car. If it was up to me, I'd tell Niall to drive us back to the restaurant. I don't want to get back to him, because the last few days has worn so heavily on me.

"Me too. I'll follow you up," he says and I instantly shake my head.

"Are you joking? I don't want you anywhere Harry, I mean look at what he did to you!" I say, pointing out the multiple bruises and scars on his face.

"I'm not afraid of him Claire, let me follow you up. He's not gonna do anything in front of you."

I'm about to insist he stays in the car, but he already exits and walks around to open for me. I think thats true... I won't let Harry do anything.

As we stand in the elevator on our way up, I'm reminded of when he told me he loved me. It surprises me that it wasn't awkward today at lunch, but it was because I was having so much fun. He makes me feel good...

The doors slide open, and Harry stands, with his eyes sore. His whole body quickens when his eyes land on me, and he exhales deeply. I take a single step into the apartment with Niall by my side, and I see Michael sitting on the couch further into the apartment, with an empty expression.

"Claire," Harry says as his shoulders lower. He walks over, and embraces me. His arms cling to me, and my body freezes. His hands shivering, slowly letting go of me. He backs up a few inches, and his eyes shift to look at Niall. His brows lower, his shoulders tense and his eyes fill with anger. As soon as I see him about to move after him, I get in between them.

"If you lay a single finger on him, I'm moving out." I warn, holding my finger in the air. I feel anger also boiling in me, imagining the time when he beat Niall up, giving him scars and bruises.

"Claire, he put you at risk!" Harry yells, without looking at me. His voice is low and growly.

"No, I did." Michael stands up, crossing his arms. Harry turns around very slowly, his hands curling up into fists.