Chapter Seven: Hello Neighbor

Magsimula sa umpisa

I take a big scoop of cookies and cream ice cream. I am about to take it all in....and then, my phone rings. I jump and now I have Ice cream on my shirt....great. I pick up my phone. I answer when I see it's Cora. "Hello." "Andy you need to help me." "Why what happened." I asked concerned. She requests to facetime me and I accept the facetime. I think to myself 'Should I eat it off my shirt or...'

I decide to eat it off my shirt because what pride do I have left? As I am trying to lick it off the call connects and I freeze with my tongue on my shirt. "Okay I'm going to pretend like this didn't happen." I nod my head eating up the ice cream. "Agreed. So, what did you need help with?" "Oh yea." She puts her phone on her nightstand so I could see her closet. "Okay, what should I wear for my study date with Valentino?" "This." She shows me an outfit.

It was simple outfit. But cora liked simple, It was a simple long sleeve denim shirt with acid washed pants and some ankle boots.

"This." She says going back into her closet. Three minutes later she comes back to the camera. The shirt she came out in was see-through and she didn't have anything but a bra underneath. She paired it with some jeans and heels. "No, Absolutely not." She pouts and sighs. She goes back to the closet and comes out in about her outfit. "Or this."

The last outfit she showed me was a glitter football jersey type shirt with some ripped jeans and her white converse.

I think for a second and speak up. "Well, If you wanna look like Brooke go with 2, If you wanna be comfortable go with 1 and if you wanna act like you know enough about football in order to talk to him about it go with 3." She nods "Thanks Andy." "No problem, And tell me everything that happens after okay." I say winking. She rolls her eyes and ends the call. Okay now back to the beautiful Barry Allen.

Cora's POV

I took what Andy had said into consideration...and she's right I should feel comfortable in what I wear. Plus I know absolutely nothing about football. I decided with outfit 1. I get into my car and drive to the library.

I open the glass door and look around for Valentino. I see him looking at his phone then look around searching for someone. His eyes stop when they meet mine and he sends me his million dollar smile. Wow I've never noticed how easy he is on the eyes. I shake those thoughts out of my head and start walking. I go to the table where he is sitting at and sit down across from him.

"Hey Cora, Thanks for helping me so I don't get kicked off the team." I smile as I get my math books and notes out. "Yea it was no problem at all. I'd love to help."

"Okay, what do you need help with the most?" "Um I guess Calculus especially the chain rule." "Oh okay I can totally help you with that." I scan through my notes to find what he needed help with. While i'm searching for the notes I catch him staring at me. I look up at him with a smile. "What?" He smile still staring at me. "Nothing."

"Okay so we have this problem." F'(x)=(g(h(x)))'=g'(h(x))h'(x). He looks at the problem like it's some sort of vicious creature that is going to kill him in his dreams. I chuckle, "Look, it's not as hard as it looks," I give him a 0.7 mechanical pencil as well as getting one for myself too. "You just have to keep the inside in h(x), take derivative of outside..." "uh sorry but what's derivative?" "It's a way to represent rate of change." He nods and I continue working on he problem. "And then you multiply by derivative of the inside. And voilá, see it's not that hard."

He gives me a small laugh. "Yea you definitely explain it better than how our math teacher explains it." I smile at him. "Yea she doesn't know how to explain things very well."

I look at my phone, it's almost 7 and I need to get home and practice. "Hey I need to go home it's kinda getting late and I have to practice for .. you know." He sits up in his seat. "Oh yea totally I have something I need to do too."

He walks me outside and I stop at my car. "Thanks again...uh for h-helping me with math." "Yea totally it's no problem at all." "Great well have a good night." "Goodnight." I see him walking to the other side of the parking lot. On the reflection of my cars window I see him turn around and walk back up to my car.

"Hey Cora." I turn around to face him. "Yea?" "He put one foot behind the other and starts scratching his head almost nervous like. "I was wondering, If you were doing anything Tuesday night." "No I don't think so." "Great uh would you maybe want to hang out again." "I grin. "Yeah I would enjoy that." He looks almost relieved when those words come out of my mouth. "Great it's a date....I mean It's a not date date I-unless you want it to be a date?"

I nod slowly "It's a date." He smile. He kisses me on the cheek making me freeze as he goes back to his car.

Oh

my

god.

Valentino just kissed me...on the cheek but i'll take it. Oh I can't wait to tell Andy and Nat.

----

Andrea's POV

Yep... two hours later my ass is still in the same spot on the couch...BUT now i'm watching shadowhunters. I hear a car pulling up. Hoping it's Val I find the energy somewhere in me to stand from the couch and go to the window.

When I get to the window I see Val getting out of his car Skipping and doing a happy dance as he's entering his house.

I hurry up to my room and open the curtain. I see Alec entering his room. "Hey why is Val so happy?" "Didn't you hear." I shake my head "Well since i'm asking you no I haven't heard." "He scored a date with your friend Cora."

My eyes widen, "That's a good thing right?" He nods "Yea, he's never asked a girl out, especially on a date." I smile when I see Val run across Alec's room. "Oh my god that's amazing." "Yea." He looks almost hesitant before he speaks again. "Hey do you wanna talk about..you know earlier?" I straighten up, "Oh um i'm not comfortable with saying that to anybody right now and I'm sorry I shouldn't tell you what to do and what not to do with your..body." "Oh no it's okay I understand."

Before I could think of anything else to say my phone starts to ring. "Um I guess this is goodnight she's probably calling me to tell me the news." I show him my phone screen that says 'Cora is calling.' "Yea I have to calm Val down."

He grabs the edges of his blue curtains as I do for my green ones. "Goodnight." "Goodnight." We both close our curtains and I answer the phone keeping it away from my ear. "AHHHHHH OH MY GOD ANDY wait I need to add Nat."

She adds Natalie to the call and I pull the iphone away from my ear again. "Hey guys what's u-AHHHHH OMG NATALIE YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT JUST HAPPENED." "I'll tell you what happened you blew my eardrum you freak." "Shut up okay so you guys know how I went on my study date with Valentino."

"Yea." Me and Nat say "WELL HE ASKED ME OUT ON A DATE AND KISSED MY CHEEK." "OH MY GOD, This is so weird he never asks girls on dates." Nat adds on. "Yea I know that's why i'm so excited." I speak up "Well I'm not saying anything but when he came back he started running around his halls." "Really? Wait, how would you know?" "Ugh I may have been talking to Alec at the moment."

"What? I thought you hated him." "Yea I know.." I say rubbing my face. "But he was really nice and so not Alec like." "Well, just don't fall in love." Nat jokes. I laughed. "Yea never going to happen.

---

word count: 2140

3/28/18 

5:28 Pm