ONE

ONE

Louis POV~

I moved my knight forward and smiled at my curly haired opponent. He stared intently at the board in front of us, deciding on his next move. He moved his queen and I smirked, seeing my chance. I moved my rook and placed it in front of the king. "Checkmate," I said.

"What?" Harry asked, missing his fatal move. "We're playing again."

"You know I'm just going to beat you again, Harry. I always do."

"I'll beat you eventually Lou. You're gonna let all your wins get to your head, make one mistake, and then I'll be the victor. You're going to fall while I rise and stand triumphantly." He smiled at me. "or you just might make me fall with you."

"Either way - it seems irrational."

He stared at me with his emerald eyes. "well then, Mr. Tomlinson, let the games begin."

---

I looked out the window, not being able to keep the memories from my head. I kept thinking about "The X Factor" days and how we all became a band. It was strange, because the memories just creeped into my mind inconspicuously and I didn't even know why. I remembered the video diaries and how ridiculous I was. I had toned it down a little through the past year but I was still a little nuts. "And I'd Marry you Harry, because it rhymes." I smirked at that thought, how it was probably the first Larry moment.

I definitely shipped Larry Stylinson. So did Harry. My smirk faltered as I remembered other Larry moments, but all those early ones happened before any fan had come up with Larry Stylinson, before Harry and I made shipping us into a game. We had those moments naturally. I looked at Harry in the seat next to me, having dozed off. He was my best mate and I loved him like he was my own family. And yet, I didn't believe that. I suppose I love Harry more than my family. I shook my head. This is too much to think about, especially before a show.

We arrived to the stadium where we were to do our performance and got out of the car. We walked by the fans and stopped to take pictures, Harry putting his arm around my waist. I leaned my head in closer to his, smiling at the cameras.

"This is huge," he said, looking at me.

"Bigger than any other show," I replied, looking at him so our faces were very close. We smiled and turned back to the fans. We always did that. Harry and I shipped Larry Stylinson because the fans loved it. We purposely got close and flirted and we ended up turning it into a game. We'd see who could act the cutest or see who would go the farthest. We always tried to push each other, and since I can let situations get ahead of me, I'd do the more brash things, which ultimately made me winning in this game.

Once we were backstage, we met some guests with backstage passes and took pictures with them. I looked at the screen backstage that showed the stage and audience. The crowd was honestly the biggest we had performed in front of. Sure, we had been on live TV, but this crowd was right in front of us. I was almost a little nervous.

"Nervous?" Harry asked.

"A little. You see this crowd?" I said.

"Massive." He rubbed m arms from behind me. "You'll be great, though."

I looked around, not seeing any fans. Why would he be rubbing my arms like this? I shook my head again. We do this all the time. Even if Larry Stylinson never existed we'd still be close. Without fans we sit close. We don't make as many sexual innuendos but we're best mates. We have a deep friendship. Why he hell am I thinking so much today?