'I'm coming'

My heart accelerates, my palms sweaty. I will my eyes to pry open, will myself to waken.

'Baby can you hear me?'

A bright light flashes before me, making me blink rapidly with a hiss. Blinking slowly, I find myself slowly coming to, my eyes focusing and finding a white ceiling. I turn my head to the side, the movement feeling sluggish, I feel myself blink yet the motion of my eyes seems delayed, slowed.

'Lina, baby-'

My eyes catch sight of a door, the baby blue paint peeling at the edges. I blink once, my eyelids starting to droop just as the door opens. I blink once again, missing the movement as the person is now standing right beside me.

'Just hold on baby, I'm coming'

I blink lazily my eyes opening once again to meet hazel eyes that are a replica of my own. "It's been a while mi princessa" his deep voice plays through me with familiarity. My brain struggles for a second to form a sentence in reply, but my lips open on their own and form one word.

"Kane"

~*~*~*~

Kane.

My heart lurches as I jolt up in my seat. One word. The sound faint, soft almost as if it were fading. I open my mind, linking with her once more.

'Kane'

I feel her connection waver, her voice starting to fade as does her mind link. I grasp on to it, 'I'm coming Lina, I'm almost there.'

I get no response back, but my heart, mind and body relax tenfold after hearing her call out to me. I curse myself for not teaching her how to use mind link. Turning towards the front, I find Mac's eyes on me, his expression pensive. "Vince just mind linked me, he's been trying to link you for a while now"

I nod, my mind catching on to what he was saying. "I've blocked everyone out. I've been trying to link Lina" he turns in his seat. "Well?" I exhale softly, "She heard me I think, she said my name and that was it" his brows crinkle in the centre. Facing him once more, "How's Vince?"

He sighs, "He's okay. Greyson has him locked away in a room. He's still trying to find an out" I nod, closing my eyes I open the link, instantly finding Vince. 'Vince. What happened?'

'He had us tailed. Right from the hotel. I didn't catch a scent on them either'

'Did they hurt her? Is she okay? She keeps fading through the link and I can't reach her properly'

'She's okay, well I fucking hope so. She was knocked out when they rammed in to us. That bastard had at least six SUVs chasing us'

I swallow the venom and worry in my throat, my body starting to get heated at the thought of anyone harming my mate. 'Find a way out Vince. You need to check that she's okay. Stay with her, I'm almost there. That's an order'

'You know damn well I will. I'm working on it.'

I sigh, before unclenching my fists in my lap. 'Vince' I swallow my pride before continuing, remembering that he still is one of my closest friends and also the fact that he was my future brother in law. 'I'm glad your okay'