Closing my eyes, I tilt my head back leaning into the leather seats. Taking in a deep breath I try to seek out Lina through our bond. 'Lina, baby can you hear me?' I hold my breath as I wait for an answer, but come up with nothing. I feel my wolf growl in frustration. 'Just hold on baby, I'm coming.' Opening my eyes, I send her that last message as I watch the scenery of green pass us by.

"You should have just told her Kane" My head snaps to the front, Mac continues to face the front as he speaks. "To be honest I don't even know why you went through with it?" I growl lowly, "I was going to tell her. Just not like that. She deserved better than that" he nods, "Yeah, definitely better."

I sigh, leaning my head back against the head rest. "Back then, the treaty seemed like a good idea. Our pack is expanding and sooner or later Knox needs to lead a pack of his own. Having two full grown Alphas in one pack is too risky" I pause my eyes catching on to the cars now passing us by as we make our way on to the freeway.

"Especially since at the time neither one of us had found our mates. I agreed to that treaty for the safety of the pack and the safety of my brothers." Running my hands down my face, I exhale deeply, "But seeing the look on her face when Stephanie told her about that arrangement." I pause my heart tightening, "I would've never said yes, would've never even thought about it."

"Stop beating yourself up about it. She'll know you didn't do it on purpose. You were doing what any Alpha would have done to keep his pack safe" I continue to gaze outside as the street lights flash as we go by. "Stop dwelling on your past mistakes, learn from it and move on" he says wistfully. Turning his big body to the side so he's facing me he smirks, "She's got a mean right hook though" I grin pride flowing through me at how true his words were. "Yeah, she's a little spitfire" I chuckle lowly.

'Kane. I've just touched down. I'm waiting for the boys and Mrs. Anne' Knox says through our mind link. I open my mind to him, replaying what had just happened half an hour ago. He winces through the link, right before Kade enters the conversation. 'Whatever you do Kane, just remember that he's still her father' I try to reign in my anger at that statement.

'Keep in mind that even though that statement is true, he was never ever a father to her. Remember that' Knox growls in agreement. 'I agree brother. Keep our Luna safe and come back soon' My wolf rumbles as Kade sighs before replying, 'Your right. Stay safe brother, come back in one piece' I send up a silent prayer to keep them safe while I'm away, especially my youngest brothers and Mrs Anne on they're way back.

'I will my brothers. Stay alert and stay safe. Kiss Kase for me, I'll be back home after Lina is safe and in my arms once again' I listen for their agreements before cutting off our link facing the front just as we enter the main state of Ottawa.

~*~*~*~

Lina.

'Just hold on baby. I'm coming'

My fingers twitch, my closed lids moving as if trying to search for the sound source, search for him.

'Just hold on baby-'

My eyes tighten, my fingers twitching as I will them to move, to follow the sound of his voice .

'I'm coming'

I wiggle my toes, almost shouting with relief as my mind and body start to co-operate with my brains commands.